If You Were GM This Off-season...

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
What would you do if somehow you were blessed with this responsibility. I'll tell you what I would do. Just view below and critique, but what would you do if you had Gar Forman position this summer?

1st trade: Bulls - Shaquille O'Neal
Wolves - Kirk Hinrich, and Bulls 26th pick
Suns - Ryan Gomes, Mike Miller, Brad Miller

2nd draft: Bulls 16th pick - Bryon Mullens

3rd Free Agency: resign Ben Gordon, and sign Ronnie Price.

4th 2009-10 season roster

PG: Rose, Price
SG: Gordon, Salmons
SF: Deng, Salmons
PF: Ty.Thomas, Noah
C: O'Neal, Mullens

Scouting Video's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0fv1jD-BI8
energy, hustle, hunger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tcg9j6htBE
dominant inside, scoring insticts, High IQ, innovative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOXm98SORt0
Covers a lot of space, quick off feet, very mobile, thrives in uptempo

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
1. Draft: 16. Tyler Hansborough, 26. Demarre Carroll

2. Re-Sign Ben Gordon

3. Trade: Tim Thomas, Jerome James, Tyrus Thomas, and Joakim Noah and a future draft pick for Amare Stoudemire and filler.

4. Sign Rasheed Wallace to a 2 year MLE deal.

PG-Derrick Rose/Kirk Hinrich
SG-Ben Gordon/Kirk Hinrich/John Salmons
SF-Luol Deng/John Salmons/DeMarre Carroll
PF-Amare Stoudemire/Rasheed Wallace/Tyler Hansborough
C- Rasheed Wallace/Brad Miller

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Man, if we could get Wallace that would be nice. We need his scoring down low. I'm not a fan of having Stoudemire and Wallace on the same team. You're asking for trouble. Stoudemire has a alpha approach and Wallace might not be too fond of that.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I believe both your plans put us in the luxury tax, so Jerry vetos them.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
1ST~ Trade Deng ,Timmy and Jerome James for Shaq Daddy
2CND~Trade Kirk to thr Bucks for Ridanour and Fransisco Elson and future top 5 protected first round pick (both expiring in 2010)
3RD~Draft James Johnsom @16 and Marcus Thorton @26
4TH~Resign BG
5TH~ If theres any money left sign a vet gaurd on the cheap as a insurance policy(Flip Murray,Luther Head)

Rose/Ridanour
BG/Thorton/Vet Guard
Salmons/James Johnson
Tyrus/Noah/Elson
Shaq/Brad

This team imo would still be good enough to get a 6th or 7th seed in playoffs and have,Shaq,Brad,Ridanour and Elson come off the books just in time for a 2010 shopping spree...:cheer:

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
1) Trade Hinrich to Minny for Craig Smith and the #18 pick.

2) Trade Deng, Tyrus, James, #16 & #18 for Bosh, Kapano

3) Select Sam Young with #26.

4) Sign Linton Johnson and Ronnie Price with vet minimum deals to bring roster to 13 and keep us under luxury tax limit. (Estimated total $68 million)

Rose, Price, Roberson
Gordon, Kapano
Salmons, Young, Johnson
Bosh, Smith, Tim Thomas
Noah, Miller

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
A fallback to my previous suggestion is:

1) Trade Hinrich to Minny for Craig Smith and #18 pick

2) Trade Tyrus, James, Tim Thomas, #16 and #26 pick to New Orleans for West, Peterson

3) Select Eric Maynor with #18.

4) Sign Linton Johnson and Solomon Jones with vet minimum deals(Estimated salary of $68 million)

Rose,Maynor,Roberson
Gordon, Salmons
Deng, Peterson,Johnson
West, Smith
Noah, Miller,Jones

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
On July first, I would drive over to Ben Gordon's house, with a cake, a snuggie, a new Maserati and a check book. I would knock on the door, toss him the keys, let him throw on the snuggie so he's comfortable, sit at the table, throw the check book on the table and say, "what do you want. We treated you like crap last season. In fact our own owner told some douchbag kid at his grandsons graduation that we werent going to resign you! Its dispicable and we will make it up to you. First, I wan't you to know, we are renaming the United Center. The new name is, The Ben Gordon Field House: Brought to you by Bank One. Second, here is our checkbook and a pen...what do you want!?" I would then drive him down to the new Ben Gordon Fieldhouse to show him the the statue that has been build on the east side of the building. A status of Ben Gordon, making the bullseye.

I would then drive to Tyrus, Kirk and Luol's home and tell them we are taking a field trip to Disneyland. When we board my private jet however, we would take a detour to Toronto. I would go to Bryan Colangelo's house with the 3 stooges in tow, knock on his door and say...."takem em, you can have em all for Bosh...what else do you need? Want some draft pics? Aaron Gray? A snuugie perhaps? You name the price....".

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
On a side note, the video on Mullens show the insane defensive rotations of Thad Matta. There is no reason to have a center guarding out on the perimeter in a zone.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
On July first, I would drive over to Ben Gordon's house, with a cake, a snuggie, a new Maserati and a check book. I would knock on the door, toss him the keys, let him throw on the snuggie so he's comfortable, sit at the table, throw the check book on the table and say, "what do you want. We treated you like crap last season. In fact our own owner told some douchbag kid at his grandsons graduation that we werent going to resign you! Its dispicable and we will make it up to you. First, I wan't you to know, we are renaming the United Center. The new name is, The Ben Gordon Field House: Brought to you by Bank One. Second, here is our checkbook and a pen...what do you want!?" I would then drive him down to the new Ben Gordon Fieldhouse to show him the the statue that has been build on the east side of the building. A status of Ben Gordon, making the bullseye.

I would then drive to Tyrus, Kirk and Luol's home and tell them we are taking a field trip to Disneyland. When we board my private jet however, we would take a detour to Toronto. I would go to Bryan Colangelo's house with the 3 stooges in tow, knock on his door and say...."takem em, you can have em all for Bosh...what else do you need? Want some draft pics? Aaron Gray? A snuugie perhaps? You name the price....".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

^^^ my vote for post of the year

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Resign Ben Gordon
2. Resign Kirk Hinrich
3. Get Amare Stoudemire for both picks and some players like: Gray, Miller, Tim Thomas, James,
4. Resign Tyrus Thomas

Roster would be:

PG: Rose/Hinrich
SG: Gordon/Salmons
SF: Salmons/Deng
PF: Deng/Tyrus
C: Stoudemire/Noah

and whoever is not traded.

Last but not least: Named GM of the year! B):p