IGT Bears - Giants

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I saw that too. Cutler is terrible in the pocket now. I mean, I guess its been going on for a bit. But there was a time when he was OK moving around in the pocket.

His clock was a mess today. Quick throws when he had time, holding the ball too long when they brought pressure.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
His clock was a mess today. Quick throws when he had time, holding the ball too long when they brought pressure.

You can see he gets tunnel vision when pressure is around and his eyes don't stay down field. It's like he tucks the ball and stares at the back of the center, then if he doesn't get hit his eyes will pop back upfield. It's weird.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chris Emma

The Bears have held a halftime lead in five of their 10 games and hold a 2-8 record. Blame starts with the head coach.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
You can see he gets tunnel vision when pressure is around and his eyes don't stay down field. It's like he tucks the ball and stares at the back of the center, then if he doesn't get hit his eyes will pop back upfield. It's weird.

He was having flashbacks of the 9-sack half and went into panic mode. Cutler is shell shocked, his pocket awareness will never get better, he'll always start seeing all the sacks he's taken over the years. We should just cut our loses at this point, he's never going to get better at this - only worse.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He was having flashbacks of the 9-sack half and went into panic mode. Cutler is shell shocked, his pocket awareness will never get better, he'll always start seeing all the sacks he's taken over the years. We should just cut our loses at this point, he's never going to get better at this - only worse.

Cutler is broke.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2-8 is hard to wrap my head around.

I really thought that Trestman's 5-11 was the low point for the Bears. I thought Trestman couldn't coach at all and a competent NFL coach would be able to at a minimum to make this better.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is lots of blame to go around. But if all else stays the same next year save a decent QB and a couple starters from the draft/fa, I bet people would be shocked by how much better the team looks.

I know the horse is dead, but I think a lot of people are still underestimating how negative an impact Culter has on the team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is lots of blame to go around. But if all else stays the same next year save a decent QB and a couple starters from the draft/fa, I bet people would be shocked by how much better the team looks.

I know the horse is dead, but I think a lot of people are still underestimating how negative an impact Culter has on the team.

You may be right.

If they do keep Fox I am going to hope that Cutler is enough to start trending the right direction. I am not asking for playoffs or anything like that.

Just trending in the right direction.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may be right.

If they do keep Fox I am going to hope that Cutler is enough to start trending the right direction. I am not asking for playoffs or anything like that.

Regardless of Cutler, Fox needs to go. From incompetence managing the clock, to complete failure to EVER make halftime adjustments, and not being able to manage the talent he does have properly, these things are not going to change.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Cutler needs to go but today wasn't his fault. He had many dropped passes and many players just didn't make enough plays.

Amos should have had a pick. It's a different game if he does. Only down by three at worst! Guest should have had a pick, Bellamy had a fumble hit him in the chest and half ofnor team went down with injuries.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler has always been shitty about scanning the field. He locks onto one route runner and either chucks it or dumps it off to the RB. He pre-determines where he is going with the ball and that's why he holds the ball rather than going to his 2nd or 3rd read.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very one sided officiating today. I can't recall a penalty called against NY

Actually, I thought it was pretty evenly officiated!
Matchup
1st Downs 17 19
Passing 1st downs 10 11
Rushing 1st downs 6 7
1st downs from penalties 1 1
3rd down efficiency 4-12 5-14
4th down efficiency 0-0 2-2
Total Plays 59 65
Total Yards 315 329
Total Drives 11 12
Yards per Play 5.3 5.1
Passing 222 227
Comp-Att 17-30 21-36
Yards per pass 6.5 6.3
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Sacks-Yards Lost 4-30 0-0
Rushing 93 102
Rushing Attempts 25 29
Yards per rush 3.7 3.5
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-2 3-3
Penalties 5-40 4-35
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 30:29 29:31

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler has nobody to throw too,nobody to block for him..

Anywho,

Kizer played pretty well yesterday..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's been that way since his Freshman year at Vandy!! GOD HATES JAY CUTLER!!!!!!!

mecha

Liked Posts:
the offensive line went from patchwork, to shit, to patchwork again, to pretty good, and is now back to patchwork at best.

he didn't play a bad game today. they played pretty well against a good defense. the defense played good. this was one of those like heartbreaker losses. they had a lot of drops in the 2nd half that I noticed that killed whatever momentum they had. I say that's on coaching when they play a good half and then turn to rapid shit in the second -- critical injuries aside. he just went to make a play at the end with time running out, when I think they had zero timeouts left, and it didn't go the team's way.

just another step closer to a really high pick. that's a positive to take away. then when they blow it on some overrated fancypants quarterback that once again doesn't amount to shit for the team we'll just have another item to bitch about later.

sidenote: Cutler's thumb didn't magically heal itself either. considering the winds they played in he's at least throwing the ball pretty well still right?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I judge the team based on the team.

Leonard Floyd, Adrian Amos, Eddie Goldman, Hicks, McPhee, Danny T, Jewell Freeman, Willie Young. Monsters of the Midway are starting to make a comeback we need to add a DE,CB,S still but I like the direction we are heading.

Fox needs to go after his contact is up but he knows how to build a team.

So did Custer! How did that work out??

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

John McCain was captured, tortured by means including waterboarding and electric shock! Yet, he avoided panic mode and shell shock! POOR JAY!!!

mecha

Liked Posts:
the 9 sack game might also be overstated.

by such a metric, guys like Aaron Rodgers should be Special person by now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You may be right.http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2640790

They both need to go. Fox is skating on his reputation and they need a clean break with Cutler. I think that some Bear's fans still hope that Cutler can sort of "figure things out" but that ship has sailed. He teases us with occasional flashes of real talent but cannot begin to sustain it even from drive to drive let alone a full season.