IGT: Blackhawks @ Canadiens 3/14 at 6:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ now Crawford takes a slapper to the face. What the fuck?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Really? I guess we gotta wait to develop him or Smaltz into that but this injury may accelerate Smaltz into that role unfortunately, or force us to do 72-19-88 or not have a Hossa third line anymore. balls.

Schmaltz playing 2C right now and I imagine that'll be the plan going forward.

I'm not worried about that 2nd line ... it'll be fine. But now Hossa bumps up to Toews line to replace Schmaltz and the bottom six isn't as strong anymore.

Really hope Anisimiov's injury isn't that bad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The goals 72-88 have been scoring are great goals. Expect some Star of the week considerations.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Domination.

Any early words on AA?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
May end this game I'm 1st.. with Kane tied for league lead in points but grim as grim

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Anisimov is ok.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Schmaltz playing 2C right now and I imagine that'll be the plan going forward.

I'm not worried about that 2nd line ... it'll be fine. But now Hossa bumps up to Toews line to replace Schmaltz and the bottom six isn't as strong anymore.

Really hope Anisimiov's injury isn't that bad.

Yeah, me too, he is one of their few big bad asses. And I thought that the Canadian player did him wrong by falling on his leg. On the positive side, this is where the Hawks depth this season is very good. They can move players up and down the lines and still move forward. They didn't have that last season.

Crawford, once again, was stellar as was the defense.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Russian on Russian hate crime.

Err, good news everyone! Aa in a walking boot said day to day, so not as brutal as it seemed like which looked like a tear but probably an ankle injury.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russian on Russian hate crime.

Err, good news everyone! Aa in a walking boot said day to day, so not as brutal as it seemed like which looked like a tear but probably an ankle injury.

LOL
Great news that Anisimov doesn't seem to be serious.
It was nice to see Hoss on the first line where he belongs for a bit though.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, I like Burish doing the intermissions. He gives a good perspective. Bonus is it means no Eddie O.

I know Montreal might lose Price because he's gonna need $10M+. This made me think that maybe a native son (Crawford) would be a good replacement for him if he goes. Not saying I want to see Crow gone in any way, but if Darling was resigned and the Hawks could get a great return for it, I can see the Hawks considering it.

Just something to ponder...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First place!!

But .5 game back with the game in hand and just one point lead.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh yeah, I like Burish doing the intermissions. He gives a good perspective. Bonus is it means no Eddie O.

I know Montreal might lose Price because he's gonna need $10M+. This made me think that maybe a native son (Crawford) would be a good replacement for him if he goes. Not saying I want to see Crow gone in any way, but if Darling was resigned and the Hawks could get a great return for it, I can see the Hawks considering it.

Just something to ponder...

Price is signed through next season, so it's doubtful they put themselves in Dallas Goalie Cap Hell--if even for a single season.

Awesome win. Only 2 real negatives are losing AA brutally, and the D going into trans-orbital lobotomy mode in the 3rd--especially late.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hope Darling starts next game

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't recall seeing a team slash/hook/high stick/hold/crosscheck more than MTL did last game without being called on it.

NHL should use video from this game as an instructional guide on what is a hook/slash and when to call it.

1. When a player slashes a stick in half ala what happened to Hammer...

2. When a player comes in and crosschecks a stationary player in the back knocking them on their face... ala what happened to Oduya

3. When a player hooks the hands, legs, mid section, face, feet, arms, ankles, elbows, neck.... you call high sticking or hooking... enough to get them to stop

We are lucky that random AA injury is all we came away with.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I noticed a few dirty plays toward the defense and Hartman,

even the AA play seems like he fell on his leg intentionally. Probably some Canadien team collusion bullshit going on in this league to soften the good american teams.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like Hoss could be dangerous on the 4th line...

He truly is an amazing player. Especially for a 38 year old player. The guy is a freeking pit bull when it comes to getting to and keeping the puck and is fun to watch on both sides of the ice.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I noticed a few dirty plays toward the defense and Hartman,

even the AA play seems like he fell on his leg intentionally. Probably some Canadien team collusion bullshit going on in this league to soften the good american teams.

It looked like that to me. It was like AA fell and the guy saw his legs in a bad position and fell on him intentionally. AA is lucky that he didn't get a broken ankle out of that one:(

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
We are lucky that random AA injury is all we came away with.

I'd wager decent money that Crawford had at least a mild concussion last night if he'd been given a proper medical examination. I don't think it's possible to take a slapper like that in the face and not have some sort of concussion. Terrifying moment.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd wager decent money that Crawford had at least a mild concussion last night if he'd been given a proper medical examination. I don't think it's possible to take a slapper like that in the face and not have some sort of concussion. Terrifying moment.

I am going to disagree a bit... blunt force doesn't 100% cause your brain to bounce thus causing concussions.

If it did then every single MMA fighter and Boxer who has ever fought would have CTE beyond the level of the NFL.

Crow getting hit by a slapshot shouldn't concuss him as easily as you think in large part because of the gear absorbing alot of the force, but also because the force has to be applied so that your brain bounces off the inside of your skull. Getting hit hard on the chin will slide the bone into the nerve and KO you, but that is totally separate from whether force is applied to your head in such quantity that your brain bounces hard enough off your skull to concuss you.

I am not saying it is impossible for Crow to get concussed from a slapshot to the head, but enough force needs to make it though the equipment and drive Crow's head at odds with the ice or net so you get that force driving the brain into the skull.

I think in this case he got tagged on the mask/chin and it rocked him like a good punch from a fighter, but did not cause the brain to bounce producing concussion symptoms.