IGT: Blackhawks @ Penguins 3/29 at 7:00 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think Campbell has been playing significantly better in the 2nd half of the season. A few bumps in the road here and there, but overall he's a solid third-pairing guy for this team.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I think Campbell has been playing significantly better in the 2nd half of the season. A few bumps in the road here and there, but overall he's a solid third-pairing guy for this team.

Yea...let's all try and remember that last part. Campbell and TVR are #5/6 guys and they are pretty good for those two spots. I don't know if fans are just getting spoiled or expect these guys to be 100% perfect, but the Blackhawks have a pretty solid defense. Heading into the postseason they have plenty of options and hopefully won't have to wear out the top end guys like they have in years past...though Keith is super-human and will likely get 25+ which I don't think anyone has an issue with.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea...let's all try and remember that last part. Campbell and TVR are #5/6 guys and they are pretty good for those two spots. I don't know if fans are just getting spoiled or expect these guys to be 100% perfect, but the Blackhawks have a pretty solid defense. Heading into the postseason they have plenty of options and hopefully won't have to wear out the top end guys like they have in years past...though Keith is super-human and will likely get 25+ which I don't think anyone has an issue with.

I think it is a fair question at this point though, heading toward the playoffs... is Campbell really the best #6 Dman we have?

I mean Kempny was playing in the #4 role for part of the season.... and we never gave Forsling a 2nd shot up here... It is a great problem to have, don't get me wrong.

But I think it is worth discussing and maybe worth Q considering whether Campbell should play every game in the playoffs.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I think it is a fair question at this point though, heading toward the playoffs... is Campbell really the best #6 Dman we have?

I mean Kempny was playing in the #4 role for part of the season.... and we never gave Forsling a 2nd shot up here... It is a great problem to have, don't get me wrong.

But I think it is worth discussing and maybe worth Q considering whether Campbell should play every game in the playoffs.

Sure, it could happen (and still may) but I have to believe that if it were a real possibility at this point that we would have seen those guys filtered in and out a little bit more. They might get in the last couple games of the season (as the Blackhawks have done in the past) but I don't see it as a real option.

Also, believe it or not, if Q had to put in the #7 dman in the playoffs...I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it were Rozsival over the two guys you mentioned.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am starting to wonder if we shouldn't be playing Kempny over Campbell....

lol dick, I told you that last night.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure, it could happen (and still may) but I have to believe that if it were a real possibility at this point that we would have seen those guys filtered in and out a little bit more. They might get in the last couple games of the season (as the Blackhawks have done in the past) but I don't see it as a real option.

Also, believe it or not, if Q had to put in the #7 dman in the playoffs...I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it were Rozsival over the two guys you mentioned.

I know you're right, but I still h8 u for saying it

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Erik Gustaffsson last season also had some of the team best relative Corsi stats n not with the regular season especially when with Seabrook but wasn't playoff ready and I don't think Kepmny is so much more likely to be better suited.

The only extra positive of Kepmny playing over Campbell is that you don't need any reason to put Oduya and Seabs together.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh Rozi will absolutely get some gametime in the playoffs. I'd wager big sums on that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh Rozi will absolutely get some gametime in the playoffs. I'd wager big sums on that.

WYHShUj.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I didn't know he was part Dragon.

Obviously I don't mean Rozi, of course he is... well moreso dinosaur

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good bottom pair discussion.

Glad we can even have it. What we have 9 capable defenders? Oduya coming back for sue jeopardizes Cambell's playoff starts, but I think TVR has clearly won his job. He has a body, wins pucks off the boards, and has a bit more wheels than other physical players we have. Tweener...little bit of everything, but solid and reliable and getting better on offense all the time. So top 5 are set.

I like the idea of rotating the last guy, which pisses TVR off when he is the guy switching, or Hammer if he gets moved out of Keith pairing.

I'm just not a fan of Seabrook/Oduya together anymore. They are collectively too slow footed, perhaps Oduya can play into shape still. But he has some bad games on tape, he practically scored two own goals against the lightning. He is a step slow, and doesn't have the energy to fire the offense jets that he used to.

I don't think they will do this, but I would give each of our key vets an older engine.

Maybe have two strategies... the normal Keith/Hammer Seabs/Oduya TVR/Cambell

but I want to see Keith/Oduya Hammer/TVR Seabs-Forsling/Kempny I do think the slowing of the vets makes it hard to put Rozi/Cambell on the ice now.

Seabrook is getting to that point where he is the third pairing vet with some PP ability, and overpriced for that role. Could be time to send him on in off-season.

Cambell/Rozi just need to be put to pasture, not because they aren't better than Forsling/Kempny..but because it sucks to play a slow/slow pairing.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hawks 7 nut punchers 0....
Just win. penis.
When they were sitting at 5-0 with plenty of time left I just kept thing, well I'll be damned... then nothing... straight to the coasting gear after the shutout was killed.