IGT: Blackhawks @ Predators 3/4 at 7:00 p.m.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's starting to feel like it'll be one of those "clear your calendar til mid-June" type of summers, isn't it?

I never want to get ahead cause anything can happen, but damn it sure seems like this team is going to make a deep run.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where are you routing him to?

disliked.

3685370.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never want to get ahead cause anything can happen, but damn it sure seems like this team is going to make a deep run.

I think we are a top 5 elite hockey team...and among them are young, improving, still forming chemistry on all 4 lines. All 4 are ascending due to greater chemistry, talent available, and youth growth. Barring injuries we will be even better come playoffs than we are now...although having that first line go White Hot for a stretch was nice and can't be counted on. 3 guys playing their best hockey of the season at same time will all do that. Panik had a two month layoff. Toews had a two year layoff. And Smaltz is just figuring it out. Then boom all 3 were gangbusters again. lol.

I just dislike the attitude that we were something special in 2010/13/15 that we didn't have in 16.

I thought we were a top 5 elite team that would be a hard out in 2016/14/12/11/09 too. It took legendary efforts from the pinnacle of several franchises to eliminate us in the losing years.

It doesn't matter what round to me. Its the effort and hockey level required to beat us. The Blues did it. They achieved an elite roster, style of play geared toward us specifically, peaked the contracts and youth and had 2 goalies competing...everything came together and they played one helluva series against us. It took everything they had and 7 games and a bounce or two.

I found no shame in losing when it takes that much to beat you. Same with Vancouver, the Kings, etc. There was no shame in those losses.

This team doesn't collapse like Minny or Washington. I can expect that it will take a monumental effort from another franchise to have a chance to beat us.

First round against Nashville? Second round Wild? Third round Sharks or Anaheim. 4th round Washington or Pitt.

It doesn't matter to me the round...but what it takes to beat us given the way hockey playoff seeding isn't really fair but intended to infuse division rivalries and spread the exposure wealth/box office out between divisions.

A loss to the Wild for instance, would be equal to me to losing to a Stanley Cup team. I think they this year, and the Blues last year are at the level it takes to win a championship.

Bottom line...if we are beaten I just want it to be because we went toe to toe at championship level hockey.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Meh, IMO where we stand, odds of winning the 2017 Cup:

Chi/Minn/Pitt/Wash: 20% each

The field: 20% combined

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agree with this. Minn. and Wash. do tend to fold though......A team that is going to cause problems in the East is Columbus.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

By who's odds?

There's some sites that it's baffling to many, Boston has the best odds because it weighs categories and it relies on one's that have a connection to success such as 5on5 Corsi relative which Boston is #1 in and has been all year.

It's critiqued for solid reasons but every year the last decade I think, only excluding Boston who was 14th & it dies factor both Penguins wins only if you count the team post HC change, every winner finished the regular season 1st or 2nd in 5on5Corsi rel

And like since the Allstar break hawks are 4th in that corsi rating... they didn't fire a coach but pre all star toews line vs post it is the gigantic sway.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks were favorites at 6-1....close to your 20%. Washington recently replaced them as we slid to 7-1. Penguins at 8-1, and Sharks are 4th at 12-1. We know Minny has a shot, and probably right about Colombus being neglected by me.

But Vegas thinks the field has more like a 30-40% chance if you remove the top 4.