IGT: Blues @ Blackhawks 2/26 at 6:30 p.m.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can Darling steal us a game or 2 in the Stanley Cup finals like Crawford has? In 2013 or 2015, I doubt the hawks win those series with another goalie. He flat out dominated some of those crucial games.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, it took him until a couple hours before to get there and it was goalie coach Jimmy Waite in the morning skate but once again he'd be too expensive to be an emergency goalie since he's am ex player, he'd count against the cap for the game to dress

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

At low-ball You can assume Darling will get a min of 2MAAV--this is comparable to Emery's 2014 deal.

As for the possibility of moving Crawford, his L-NTC, NMC, and the UFA goalie market this summer might make that difficult. He *has* to be protected in expansion and is under no obligation to waive his NMC. I believe his L-NTC is something like 5-6 teams he'll accept a trade to--but I read that awhile ago so I could be wrong and if his list is LA, NYR, Washinton, Boston, Nashville, or Montreal (all teams with an expensive netminder signed for the duration), he might be immovable.

Note...not impossible, but difficult. Plus, given that you're looking at a netminder with hardware Stan would have to be guano to part with him for something like a 3rd. Ergo, something is going to have to come back and likely it will be someone on the roster and then some (ditto for all of the core in a potential move).

I have faith that Darling, if tapped, can be effective as long as our skater core doesn't play like last season. The thing then would be finding a reasonable take for Craqwford and right now only Calgary comes to mind. But, why would Calgary give up assets to take on Crawford when they could have Darling, Bishop, Bernier, Mason, Miller, etc. for free and possibly cheaper?

That will come into play.

How do you guys know all this shit, sheesh!!

I can't even keep track of the new playoff pairing system.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How do you guys know all this shit, sheesh!!

I can't even keep track of the new playoff pairing system.

It helps having Ice Hockey the only sport of the big-4 in the states being the only one I find worth watching.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny fact, Clyde and lord are Bowman's Bondage Buddies.

And they like long walks on the beach.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me. :)
Good luck getting that image out of your brain. :D

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can Darling steal us a game or 2 in the Stanley Cup finals like Crawford has? In 2013 or 2015, I doubt the hawks win those series with another goalie. He flat out dominated some of those crucial games.

THere is no way of predicting how goalie play is going to be when you get to the play-offs. What I know is that Darling is a great guy to have at Q's disposal.