Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hockey Day in America on NBC 5 & NBC Sports Network.

2:30 puck drop.

LA.png
@
CHI.png

Emery in net again. No idea what is up with Crawf's lame ass "upper body" BS.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
who knows? as long as emery can keep us in games im ok. if crawford is seriously hurt im sure the hawks will be shopping for a goalie.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luongo certainly looks more tempting if this is a long term concussion issue.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Crawford got run over by Bobby Ryan... 99% chance it's an injury from that, whatever it be. No BS mystery thar

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The BS part was towards NHL's stupid policy of lower or upper body.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The BS part was towards NHL's stupid policy of lower or upper body.

Right, because you want the players on the other team to know where the player's weak spot is...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Well it's true, if a player is day to day is it smart to tell opposing teams right where that injury is? This isn't hard.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well it's true, if a player is day to day is it smart to tell opposing teams right where that injury is? This isn't hard.

Well if Crawford has a concussion or any other injury, there isn't much the Blackhawks can do to prevent teams from targeting that. The truth will eventually come out on injuries. Playing coy and dumb with injuries is silly to me.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I like to know what is going on, there is no real reason to disclose the specific injury to the public and opposing teams.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Well if Crawford has a concussion or any other injury, there isn't much the Blackhawks can do to prevent teams from targeting that. The truth will eventually come out on injuries. Playing coy and dumb with injuries is silly to me.

1. Concussions are called concussions, not upper body injuries for the most part.
2. It usually doesn't come out where the upper body injury is.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
1. Concussions are called concussions, not upper body injuries for the most part.
2. It usually doesn't come out where the upper body injury is.

Simply not true on both statements. The true nature of an injury almost is always figured out in the media world we live in today. Also, upper/lower body injury is almost all you ever get from a team unless it is extremely obvious. Pretty sure the last four Blackhawks (Toews, Hossa, Montador, supposedly Crawford) were all called "upper body" injuries until it was somehow found out they were concussions.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Simply not true on both statements. The true nature of an injury almost is always figured out in the media world we live in today. Also, upper/lower body injury is almost all you ever get from a team unless it is extremely obvious. Pretty sure the last four Blackhawks (Toews, Hossa, Montador, supposedly Crawford) were all called "upper body" injuries until it was somehow found out they were concussions.

Who the hell says Crawford has a concussion?

And again, concussions get figured out, but are called upper body initially, that shit isn't figured out by the end of a game anyway.

And it is more than true that it usually isn't figured out where exactly the injury is, if you insist they figure it out all the time, tell me exactly where Carcillo's injury is. And you don't know what Crawford's actually is, and you are the first I've heard call it a concussion.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Quit bitching, who cares? he's out - and we roll tonight, til' the guitar bite, and for those about to rock? (fire.).......I salute you.

I SAID FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK............(FIRE!!!!) WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SALLLUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTEEEEEEE YOUOOUOOUOUUOUOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Mr. Emery, do work. I finally get to watch a 'Hawks game on Nat'l TV! Woo!!! HD Hockey instead of firstrow.eu Hockey!!!!!!

FIRE!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Who the hell says Crawford has a concussion?

And again, concussions get figured out, but are called upper body initially, that shit isn't figured out by the end of a game anyway.

And it is more than true that it usually isn't figured out where exactly the injury is, if you insist they figure it out all the time, tell me exactly where Carcillo's injury is. And you don't know what Crawford's actually is, and you are the first I've heard call it a concussion.

There has been talk in this forum about Crawford having a concussion. There have been plenty of other people (media, twitter, bloggers, etc) reporting that Crawford most likely has a concussion. There was a play which many have identified that would cause a concussion.

In terms of Carcillo...right knee injury. Once again, reported by several people (media, twitter, bloggers, etc). Team will never confirm and call it a "lower body injury" but most people can tell based on the play and what has been reported.

In terms of your bold...exactly. However, I was disagreeing with you because early you said they were called concussions and not upper body injuries and you also said that it usually doesn't come out where the upper body injury is. So you flipped there on both of your statements.

In all honesty, this is probably conversation for another thread so I'll just leave it at that.

Heisenberg

Run
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad this is a day game since the NBA All-Star game is tonight.

Kings have been struggling all season, I don't expect us to do what we did on opening day, but a win would be awesome.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
There has been talk in this forum about Crawford having a concussion. There have been plenty of other people (media, twitter, bloggers, etc) reporting that Crawford most likely has a concussion. There was a play which many have identified that would cause a concussion.

In terms of Carcillo...right knee injury. Once again, reported by several people (media, twitter, bloggers, etc). Team will never confirm and call it a "lower body injury" but most people can tell based on the play and what has been reported.

In terms of your bold...exactly. However, I was disagreeing with you because early you said they were called concussions and not upper body injuries and you also said that it usually doesn't come out where the upper body injury is. So you flipped there on both of your statements.

In all honesty, this is probably conversation for another thread so I'll just leave it at that.

Whatever, still no point in the team confirming any of that, would only be detrimental.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
concussions are looked upon as more serious these days and anyone who gets hurt "upper body injury" i usually think the worst. hell it could be a pulled muscle from the collision. the fact is the hawks are the only ones who actually know the truth.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
at least Dews gets to see his man crush today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.