IGT: Stars @ Blackhawks 3/23 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
tumblr_o65op5bAgN1toflwco2_500.gif

29-33-10, 68 points, 10th place in Western Conference

@

kanecelly.gif

47-20-6, 100 points, 1st place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:38 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - CSNChicago.com

While not officially eliminated, the Stars are virtually out of the playoff race, trailing Nashville by 15 points for the final wild card spot with just 10 games remaining. It ain't happening for Dallas this year. Meanwhile, the Hawks are officially playoff-bound again (remember when that would've been an accomplishment) and still hold a six-point lead over the Wild for the No. 1 seed in the West. The only question tonight is whether or not the Hawks are able to register anything on their own Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter tonight. It hasn't turned on until the third period in the last two home games. Maybe set that alarm a bit earlier tonight, boys.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those going to the game, enjoy one of the last homer games for a while.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those going to the game, enjoy one of the last homer games for a while.

We're saving the home games for the playoofs.

...and, wee beeen purty goot on the rode leightly. :smug2:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Something is occurring that hasn't happened since 2011/12 Sharp vs Oduya game... except the Sochi Olympics...

But for everyone after last game thinking Crow and Darling both suck, you get a shift of the Eagle tonight

Remember when it would of been an accomplishment to make the playoffs? I remember when the Hawks only got in, in 2011, when the Stars lost their chance to clinch it in the final game.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Remember when it would of been an accomplishment to make the playoffs? I remember when the Hawks only got in, in 2011, when the Stars lost their chance to clinch it in the final game.

The source of one of my favorite GIFs of all-time:

fkbjmf.jpg

Also as Clyde mentioned, the Belfour "Last Shift" pregame ceremony tonight should be pretty cool. Don't quite have the emotional attachment that others might because Belfour was traded away when I was only 9 years old ... but I've learned a lot about what he meant to this team during the early/mid-90s.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Belfour will probably be drunk tonight. :lol:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta play the games anyway. I'm all for resting veterans where we can, but we have the depth to run 6 quality defenders and 4 lines while resting a guy or two every game.

With the condensed schedule and little to play for why not? The guys on the ice should be trying to finish the season on a 22 game point streak or so however. Like I said, you gotta play the game anyway. You might as well play to win, get better, stay active, and protect yourself by not even thinking about letting up.

Go Hawks!!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the new red button color up top. It least it's a Hawks color.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
hartman centering kane and bready. Getting some looks that line is.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
A win is a win

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The nice thing about that game is that we won't have to watch it again. And the Hawks got 2 points.

And the Wild lost again.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A win is a win

Definitely. Starting to enter that period where the early 2000 Blackhawks would give plenty of fans hope because everyone was playing for a job, new guys were trying to make their mark, and other teams were simply prepping and gearing up for the Playoffs. Nice to see the Blackhawks take two and move on.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great bounceback game. Hawks looked 2010's and not 2000's.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crow was great last night.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Anisimov comes back to the 2nd line (or 1B), we are going to have some killer options.

If Hayden continues playing like he is on the 1st line (or 1A), we could have a 3rd line of Schmaltz, Hartman and Hossa and a shutdown 4th line with Kruger, Kero and Rasmussen and throw in Desjardins, Tootoo or Jurco as needed. ...or we can mix and match the 3rd and 4th lines with shutdown players, two way players and some offense.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In other game news, I found a shot of what Hamhuis saw after the fight with Hartman :D
oPOmDOk.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
When Anisimov comes back to the 2nd line (or 1B), we are going to have some killer options.

If Hayden continues playing like he is on the 1st line (or 1A), we could have a 3rd line of Schmaltz, Hartman and Hossa and a shutdown 4th line with Kruger, Kero and Rasmussen and throw in Desjardins, Tootoo or Jurco as needed. ...or we can mix and match the 3rd and 4th lines with shutdown players, two way players and some offense.

Yeah, Hayden has fared better than any other late college call-up I can remember. The bar was set pretty low by Kyle Baun and Drew LeBlanc, of course. But they might have something there. And like you said, if Hayden can be worthwhile contributor on that top line, it only makes the rest of the forwards that more dangerous. Schmaltz and Hossa had something going last night.