Illinois Football Thread

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Class is really top heavy with like no depth and Cooper was expected so this really doesn't move the needle for me much at all since I was kind of assuming he was in the class. Another thing that kind of drives me nuts about this class is I don't think Williams is a QB and Beason is more valuable at WR, yet they have him at DB. I know they don't even get these guys to campus unless they allow them to play those positions but it seems as though even the big name talent the Illini got is kind of out of position.

Thomas is obviously a huge get but kid is a headcase and keeping him eligible/engaged/focused etc will be a tall task and he won't even see the field until 2020...unless he gets an NCAA waiver.

It's a weird class. Lack of OL really concerns me. The DL guys seem like projects with low floors but high ceilings. FWIW, I like Randolph more than Okpala. Just..an..odd...class.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rivers really seemed to tail off last season. Looked good early but his last 2-3 appearances were terrible. Haven't heard much on Coran Taylor so I would assume he's dead in the water when it comes to QB. You'd think Illinois would have to get Williams on the field early but he's really small. Not sure he can hold up as a QB. Most other of his P5 offers wanted him at WR or DB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Thank you, Scott Frost. It felt like having Lovie on the opposing sideline.