Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We were watching the same player? Boozer only averaged three more minutes per game then his previous two seasons with the Bulls, and essentially averaged the same number of points and rebounds. Why on Earth would we amnesty a guy who's going to give you 16 and 9 every night when we're still going to be forced to pay his salary? It'd only save us about $1.4MM in tax money anyway. Not worth it. I'd rather shop him, along with Deng, if the FO decides they're dead-set on dealing him.
People need to wrap their minds around the fact that Boozer is not going to be amnestied. I think there was even a report somewhere that said they do not and will not plan to use the clause on anyone. I'll try to find it if I can.

The whole him disappearing in the playoffs thing is overblown as well. When Hinrich wasn't injured, Boozer played a lot better. The moment Hinrich went down, Boozer's production dropped. It's not his fault if he doesn't get the ball. When the Bulls did look to him early in a couple games against Miami, he delivered. He didn't disappear, he was under-utilized.