Iowa cements themselves as TE U

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hockenson and Fant made history last night being the first Tight Ends from the same school drafted in the first round. Other notable Iowa TEs:

George Kittle
CJ Fiedorowicz
Brandon Myers
Tony Moeaki
Scott Chandler
Dallas Clark

usa_today_12589348.0.jpg

IowaTE-722x380.jpg

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hockenson and Fant made history last night being the first Tight Ends from the same school drafted in the first round. Other notable Iowa TEs:

George Kittle
CJ Fiedorowicz
Brandon Myers
Tony Moeaki
Scott Chandler
Dallas Clark

usa_today_12589348.0.jpg

IowaTE-722x380.jpg

None of those players you mentioned have done anything except Kittle. And even that is a stretch.

Even ND produces better TEs

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I wasn't surprised that Murray was taken first. I honestly wasn't surprised when the Giants didn't take Haskins and Haskins fell to the Redskins, because I wasn't really sold on Haskins' performance in the Urban Meyer offense. The biggest surprise of the draft to me was both Iowa TEs going in the 1st round. Never happened before. You would think that a college team with two 1st round TEs would have a dominant offense, overpowering opponents and scoring points at will. Nope. Iowa's offense was pretty mediocre (although still good enough to hang 63 on the Illini).

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tony Moeaki & Scott Chandler? Lol

It's an impressive draft for Iowa but you're stretching it with some of these journeyman backups

msadows

Liked Posts:
And no, Miami is the real TE U.

Jimmy Graham, Shockey, and Olsen are better than anyone on your list.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

George Kittle
CJ Fiedorowicz
Brandon Myers
Tony Moeaki
Scott Chandler
Dallas Clark

usa_today_12589348.0.jpg

IowaTE-722x380.jpg

Not only both drafted in the first round but they both were drafted before any wide receivers

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I wasn't surprised that Murray was taken first. I honestly wasn't surprised when the Giants didn't take Haskins and Haskins fell to the Redskins, because I wasn't really sold on Haskins' performance in the Urban Meyer offense. The biggest surprise of the draft to me was both Iowa TEs going in the 1st round. Never happened before. You would think that a college team with two 1st round TEs would have a dominant offense, overpowering opponents and scoring points at will. Nope. Iowa's offense was pretty mediocre (although still good enough to hang 63 on the Illini).
Does Lovie still have a job?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And no, Miami is the real TE U.

Jimmy Graham, Shockey, and Olsen are better than anyone on your list.
You forgot the soldier, Kellen Winslow Jr or should I say the cougar King, or would that be the Saber-tooth Tiger king?

msadows

Liked Posts:
You forgot the soldier, Kellen Winslow Jr or should I say the cougar King, or would that be the Saber-tooth Tiger king?

I purposefully withheld the bum

jk. He had an all right career. Njoku is looking promissing too.

4 Pro bowlers at the position since 2002, and 1 potential probowler is pretty impressive.