Irving and Nichols are the Real Deal

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
I've seen all I've needed to see. They were wrecking shit when they got in and closed the game out very nicely. against a talented offense desperately fighting to keep its playoff hopes alive, they looked every bit as disruptive as Hicks and Mack out there. The future is very bright bears fans. Pace is damn good at what he does. Damn good

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Nichols needs an offseason in the weight room to help him anchor against the run. He's explosive as all hell.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
"they looked every bit as disruptive as Hicks and Mack out there"

Lol, getting a bit carried away there.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Irving is not the real deal. He’s been a reserve here for a bit. Nichols is a beast though.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Irving is another Sam Acho...Nichols on the other hand, while I'm not sure he will ever be a 3 down player, he has plenty of potential. Great burst and will flash greatness every so often, but I think it is because he thrives well in rotation coming off the bench.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I have the same sense about Nichol's rookie year as I did Eddie Jackson's. There is stardom brewing there.

Irving is fine as a back-end rotational player.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Irving is another Sam Acho...Nichols on the other hand, while I'm not sure he will ever be a 3 down player, he has plenty of potential. Great burst and will flash greatness every so often, but I think it is because he thrives well in rotation coming off the bench.

So he is solid depth on a cheap contract and can fill in as needed? Sounds like a bargain

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Irving can be a good rotational player, but nothing outstanding there, he has too much trouble shedding blocks. Nichols, well I think this dude can be outstanding if he has the drive to do so. He has been phenomenal considering his draft position.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Wasn’t Bilal praises by a lot of talking heads as being a really under rated mid round gem? Swear I remember people saying that he was an unfinished product, but could develop into something very good.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"they looked every bit as disruptive as Hicks and Mack out there"

Lol, getting a bit carried away there.

Lol, yeah the were fresh and came in the 4th quarter while the Vikes OL was gassed. Nichols is the real deal though. Not so sure about Irving yet.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol, yeah the were fresh and came in the 4th quarter while the Vikes OL was gassed. Nichols is the real deal though. Not so sure about Irving yet.

Exactly. Young bloods come in, feasting on a pass happy offense trying to make a comeback.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Nichols has flashed just about every time he’s been on the field, he has huge potential. It’s a great situation with him because we don’t need to rush, and can keep using him like that as he learns from great players around him.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Irving flew around the Viqueens LT yesterday. That made me very happy.

Per the "Club Thug" thread, I meant no personal attacks or generalizations about transgendered or gay individuals in calling the Vikings the Viqueens. They just played like a bunch of girls yesterday. Damn it, I did it again.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Hard to not think about Tommie Harris when I see Nichols sometimes, He's got that explosive get off, and isn't exactly a slouch of an athlete for a big guy.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:

How could the Vikes OLine be gassed?
The time of possession showed they were only out there for short periods!!

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Irving needs to learn how not to jump too early and get flagged for Neutral Zone Infractions. He had 2 yesterday in the span of like 5 plays just getting too jittery trying to time his jump too perfectly. He has good get off though, he was super fast, but it looks like he sells out hard for the pass rush. If the Vikes were still in the game and they decided to run to his side, there were some big holes he left just by how fast he tried to get up field.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Not sold on Irving, but Nichols already been crushing reps this ain't new.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nichols has been a factor, Irving is a developmental talent. Lynch coming back is much better at this point for the Bears.