Is it possible these injuries are somehow planned?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all my years of watching the Bears, going back to the 60's, I can't recall a Bear team with this many injuries. This isn't about Fox or Pace unless they have a plan on drafting real high next year. Is this their answer to tanking a year? Soon as you get a boo boo, you're out 4-5 weeks? Or just a string of really really bad luck?

17 players injured going into this game. And we lose 3 more starters? That's 20 players on a 53 man roster. 22 play and start, plus the two kickers and that leaves you with 8 subs. I know, I know they activate more for the games. But this is crazy.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fox: Brian?
Hoyer: Yeah, coach?
Fox: We have been talking and we feel like we really need to draft a QB of the future this off season?
Hoyer: I understand. Coach, I am more than willing to be his mentor and backup.
Fox: You aren't understanding me Brian. We want you to get injured, so that we can secure a better draft choice.
Hoyer: Coach that's a bit unethical, but I guess I could feign a concussion or sprained ankle.
Fox: Sorry, but that won't do Brian. We need something more concrete. Something that won't lead to speculation you may return this season. We were thinking broken Ulna.
Hoyer: What?! Are you fucking crazy?!
Fox: Shhhhh Shhhh Shhh. It's going to be alright Brian. Now just come over here and place your arm between these two training tables. Oh, and grab that big roll of athletic tape while you are on your way.

mecha

Liked Posts:
well. it's plausible. maybe it'll be like the end of Willy Wonka and it's revealed by Ryan Pace when they do that press conference to conclude the season that nobody really got hurt. maybe Ted Phillips and George McCaskey will be there to lol at us for giving them money for this horseshit.

you consider the talking points about last year's team "Jimmy Pickles is the worst QB ever" "omg we're so thin on talent" "hey, no shit, this team is competitive in every game" and then you let Pace effectively "improve" on all that shit, what's the best way to get a new QB? like Shaw and Hoyer should've been upgrades over last year, so they wipe out the one guy in preseason so we never know what he is and then let the other guy go like 5 games without throwing an interception, but he doesn't dazzle in the red zone just to mindfuck us.

they need to effectively tank far worse than they did when they got Kevin White (who's worthless) -- so they eliminate 3 quarterbacks in one fell swoop. I mean it took about 2 months to do, but they can't just off them all at once. they have to give it like a natural progression or something.

oh, and fuck every single one of you that wanted Barkley. eat a dick.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Cutler will be back just in time to play the best defense in the league. Now's his chance to shine for his future new team

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yes, they are planned.

I'm sure a journeyman QB who is on his 6th NFL team on a one year deal looking for the next contract to sustain his NFL career/income planned to have a LB hit his arm with the crown of his helmet, thus breaking it and ending his season, committing him to a regimen of rehab and impacting his future ability to play in the NFL.

Yep, all planned.

mecha

Liked Posts:
this is the Chicago Bears. I don't see how they let Cutler off that easily.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Cutler will be back just in time to play the best defense in the league. Now's his chance to shine for his future new team

Can't wait for Mongo's inevitable three page long report comparing the stats of Cutler vs. Minnesota to Hoyer vs. whoever and Broc calling Cutler a little bitch no less than 5 times.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
computer-facepalm.gif

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all my years of watching the Bears, going back to the 60's, I can't recall a Bear team with this many injuries. This isn't about Fox or Pace unless they have a plan on drafting real high next year. Is this their answer to tanking a year? Soon as you get a boo boo, you're out 4-5 weeks? Or just a string of really really bad luck?

17 players injured going into this game. And we lose 3 more starters? That's 20 players on a 53 man roster. 22 play and start, plus the two kickers and that leaves you with 8 subs. I know, I know they activate more for the games. But this is crazy.

In all seriousness, what has this message board turned into?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
to quote mcauley kulkin, it's a turf war, on a global scale

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is it possible your mother did crack during early trimesters?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fox: Brian?
Hoyer: Yeah, coach?
Fox: We have been talking and we feel like we really need to draft a QB of the future this off season?
Hoyer: I understand. Coach, I am more than willing to be his mentor and backup.
Fox: You aren't understanding me Brian. We want you to get injured, so that we can secure a better draft choice.
Hoyer: Coach that's a bit unethical, but I guess I could feign a concussion or sprained ankle.
Fox: Sorry, but that won't do Brian. We need something more concrete. Something that won't lead to speculation you may return this season. We were thinking broken Ulna.
Hoyer: What?! Are you fucking crazy?!
Fox: Shhhhh Shhhh Shhh. It's going to be alright Brian. Now just come over here and place your arm between these two training tables. Oh, and grab that big roll of athletic tape while you are on your way.

It didn't work cause i just saw that Hoyer has a chance of returning this season.....the plan almost worked.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
When you have a 5 year rebuild going you need lot's of injury's to see many scrubs.