Is it time to tear down Soldier Field

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
your best bet is to blast the shit outta chicago Park District, hit them up on twitter or where-ever the fuck you can can them. the workers are usually chillin' at strip clubs and bars around town if you wanna get feisty.

:LOL:I don't think Chicago has strip clubs.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me know what the McCaskey's, a mom and pop operation, thinks about spending $1B. That is a joke, why would they drop a billion when they don't have too. Let me guess, you're not a business major.

Agree they don't need to or have to.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Now you are using that noodle. You can sneak in some booze in your stash of backups because ain't no one working for the Chicago Park District that will touch a bag of Depends more than half a second.

You know what is much more difficult to sneak in???

Back support.
pain killer are probably the easiest and besides the old guys at the stadium be sharing them suckers, just so some of us can get through the day at the stadium, I never sit in them fucking seats.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
The renovation is less than 20 years old and nobody needs a roof. It’s not like they need the option of using it as convention space.

Not going to happen. Not worth worrying about.

The city of Atlanta began the process of moving the Falcons out of the Georgia Dome back in 2010, a mere 18-years after it's construction.

The Braves broke ground on SunTrust Park in 2014, which was 17 years after Turner Field was built.

Bear in mind, the Dome was leagues better than Soldier Field.

Stadiums are constantly changing and expanding, now more than ever.

Yes, it's time to move on from Soldier Field. They tried an expansion nearly 2 decades ago and it was a catastrophic failure. Teams have made the move sooner than that before.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
don't forget the bid for the Olympics. a new stadium was actually gonna happen.

That was a great King Daley moment in history.

A charter franchise of the NFL wants a new stadium and Daley says "Not at the expense of our tax paying citizens!"

A chance to finally out do his daddy and bring the Olympic Games to Chicago "No problem! We will just demo this hospital over here and be fine!"

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Let me know what the McCaskey's, a mom and pop operation, thinks about spending $1B. That is a joke, why would they drop a billion when they don't have too. Let me guess, you're not a business major.
Computer science. It could also be partially publicly funded so

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That was a great King Daley moment in history.

A charter franchise of the NFL wants a new stadium and Daley says "Not at the expensive of our tax paying citizens!"

A chance to finally out do his daddy and bring the Olympic Games to Chicago "No problem! We will just demo this hospital over here and be fine!"
this i'ma stay away from, guess i'm lucky i don't live in the city, but really close, so close i can smell a damn Italian beef sandwich and some old style beers can being crack fresh right now....

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
damn it..now i'ma doordash some Italian beef sandwiches and ask them to pick up a fifth of glenlivet for me..lmao

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s an ugly stadium. Bears fans have put up with so much shit over the last few decades we deserve better than this. Look at the other 2 major cities in this country and they have huge billion dollar stadiums in LA and NY. Why not Chicago? Bears fans are certainly more passionate than rams and chargers fans and could easily fill up a new stadium consistently. I mean Jesus even the little inbred village of Green Bay has a huge outdoor stadium. Plus with it’s about time the bears actually owned their own stadium and can take care of it. Whose to say the grass won’t go back to being shit with the Fire playing there now?

It has modern amenities, good seating and sitelines. You think they should discard it today for criticism of its aesthetics which, btw, came 15+ years ago?

That simply makes no sense.

You don’t discard a stadium because someone thinks it looks odd.

Did the Louvre discard IM Pei’s glass triangle that caused a stir when constructed? No. It became accepted. I doubt most even think about Soldier Field’s architecture any more. They have had years to get used to it.

If your stadium seats too few or lacks revenue streams such as luxury boxes, then you consider a change. But not Soldier Field as it is today.

Original Soldier Field had horrible sitelines and it was tolrated forever. The new seating is a thousand times better.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Discarding a $300 million investment after 20 years.
If it’s a mistake it’s a mistake doesn’t matter how long ago. There’s also the fact that teams have moved out in less time than 20 years after a renovation

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It has modern amenities, good seating and sitelines. You think they should discard it today for criticism of its aesthetics which, btw, came 15+ years ago?

That simply makes no sense.

You don’t discard a stadium because someone thinks it looks odd.

Did the Louvre discard IM Pei’s glass triangle that caused a stir when constructed? No. It became accepted. I doubt most even think about Soldier Field’s architecture any more. They have had years to get used to it.

If your stadium seats too few or lacks revenue streams such as luxury boxes, then you consider a change. But not Soldier Field as it is today.

Original Soldier Field had horrible sitelines and it was tolrated forever. The new seating is a thousand times better.
You do know it is possible to make a stadium that looks good, has a lot of seats, and has good seats right? And it does seat too few. There are college stadiums with more seating.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was at a game last year (bad tickets in the upper deck), and I was thinking to myself about how much better the view is in the upper deck at Soldier Field compared to the other NFL stadiums I've been to.
This. So bizarre to me that any fan wants it to be bigger when all that would mean is more bad seats with shitty sight lines.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You do know it is possible to make a stadium that looks good, has a lot of seats, and has good seats right? And it does seat too few. There are college stadiums with more seating.

Explain the economics of your plan.

Hundreds of millions of dollars to add how many (bad) seats?

Won’t people then criticize the fact that too many seats aren’t prime?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Explain the economics of your plan.

Hundreds of millions of dollars to add how many (bad) seats?

Won’t people then criticize the fact that too many seats aren’t prime?
No absolutely not. It can be designed like the rose bowl with a ton of seats and known for not having very many bad seats. You are acting like this is impossible when it’s really not.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No absolutely not. It can be designed like the rose bowl with a ton of seats and known for not having very many bad seats. You are acting like this is impossible when it’s really not.

You are trying to change a decision made 20 years ago.