Is it time to tear down Soldier Field

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What? Seems like you have never been to soldier field.

lambeau is a piece of shit. only thing it has going is nostalgia.

Soldier looks ugly from one angle, outside the stadium. Looks awesome from the lake. And inside, its nice. I don't know about amenities like a shopping mall or gourmet food or a nightclub or whatever the fuck but imo the football viewing experience at soldier is excellent. And the grass has been fine basically since Pace came on.

The only legitimate complaints are the small size (which might be an advantage for increasing crowd noise) and how it looks from outside the stadium. I don't know what you are on about with the rest. It's not dumpy or ugly inside at all.
I’ve definitely been to soldier field check any objective list ranking NFL stadiums there’s not one where SF is ahead of lambeau

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
IL has a 225 BILLION DOLLAR pension deficit with NO clue how to fix it. On top of that the city of Chicago has a large unfunded pension fund also, the new governor is throwing a new 30 some cent per gallon gas tax on an already high taxed product. The people are already paying taxes thru the nose, and you're saying no problem tax them more to buy a new stadium for a family of millionaires.
Yeah. I don’t live there so doesn’t bother me.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
A few points:
1. You have to love guys who don't live in the city, county, or even state proposing these things.
2. I'm pretty sure I've read a number of times that in terms of real money, the McCaskey's are the poorest out of the owners of the NFL (I understand nobody is shedding a tear for them), so that means they can't afford to build a stadium, which means.....
3. The taxpayers would be on the hook, and that wouldn't even begin to factor in the sweetheart deals the McCaskey's would get on property taxes and the like.
4. Arlington Heights and Rosemont are not attractive locations, and you voluntarily give up one of the great views in the NFL. Oddly enough, Gary would work in this regard.
You got a link for mccaskey’s being the poorest? I don’t believe that for a second

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes let’s cling to the mistake by the lake for what again?
So taxpayers don't have to pay for a multi-billion dollar stadium? So there's no search for the availability of land in a densely population metropolitan area?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve definitely been to soldier field check any objective list ranking NFL stadiums there’s not one where SF is ahead of lambeau

There is no such thing as an objective list ranking NFL stadiums.

And I don't give a fuck about how Soldier ranks. I care about my experience attending games. Because everything about this conversation is subjective and hinges on the individual experience of attendees.

Most Special person troll attempt ever.

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
Things get old and can be updated but still provide a great experience, if not greater. Preserving some of the original in museum that is available to be seen at all times of the week and getting a format to help bring in more money to Chicago and the Bears is only a good thing.

Edit: though the city will likely squander it or rabbit hole it for self interest...

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IL has a 225 BILLION DOLLAR pension deficit with NO clue how to fix it. On top of that the city of Chicago has a large unfunded pension fund also, the new governor is throwing a new 30 some cent per gallon gas tax on an already high taxed product. The people are already paying taxes thru the nose, and you're saying no problem tax them more to buy a new stadium for a family of millionaires.

Special Funding for the City of Chicago....Allow EVERYBODY to round up their bill at stores with the Pennies donated to a Special Fund. I would think that after Hundreds of Millions of Transactions ... probably Billions of transactions inna couple years there would already be AT LEAST 300 Mill in that special fund. Get Beef Sandwiches and Pizza places as well as Chipotles of the World and Panda Expresses. to do the Rounding Up......... SHOW US CHICAGO how it's Done !!!!!!!1111

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hell, Build an underground, waterproofed retaining wall to Keep out the Lake .... then build a parking structure TEN STORIES Deep UNDER The New Stadium. Escalators and Banks of Elevators everywhere to transport EVERYBODY up to the surface of a MAGNICENT centerpiece of Yankee Ingenuity.

.... AND in the #1 City of America

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There is no such thing as an objective list ranking NFL stadiums.

And I don't give a fuck about how Soldier ranks. I care about my experience attending games. Because everything about this conversation is subjective and hinges on the individual experience of attendees.

Most Special person troll attempt ever.
Because nobody else can see soldier is a piece of shit and should be upgraded

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Meh. I could still see them (the bears) building a new stadium with either partially funded through taxpayers or a private investment or a combo of both. Hell the McCaskey’s could even sell the team after Virginia passes.
Awesome that a guy with no skin in the game doesn't care if the taxpayers fund this.

Aren't you a fucking conservative?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soldier Field is not a top stadium. Difficult to get in and out of, the Club level walkways/halls/lounge are too small/narrow. The stadium definitely has a “cold” field. Now, the area, being on the lake, the views of the city are attractive. And seating is o.k, fine, good as far as viewing. I am torn as to whether or not they should have built in Rosemont or Gary.

EVERYBODY

Liked Posts:
Special Funding for the City of Chicago....Allow EVERYBODY to round up their bill at stores with the Pennies donated to a Special Fund. I would think that after Hundreds of Millions of Transactions ... probably Billions of transactions inna couple years there would already be AT LEAST 300 Mill in that special fund. Get Beef Sandwiches and Pizza places as well as Chipotles of the World and Panda Expresses. to do the Rounding Up......... SHOW US CHICAGO how it's Done !!!!!!!1111

Can I just round up my bill/Pennies donated to the Soldier Field Fund occasionally ? Seeing how I am "Everybody" to begin with then EVENTUALLY we will have enough dough Joe

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yup. And you guys voted for a bunch of democrats who want to tax everything so live with it

Says the guy that wants to raise taxes to replace a perfectly good stadium.

Typical neo-con wants to waste tax payer money on unnecessary shit, like a wall. I really miss the real fiscally conservative Republicans, these new fake guys are going to screw the country into the ground.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What? Seems like you have never been to soldier field.

lambeau is a piece of shit. only thing it has going is nostalgia.

Soldier looks ugly from one angle, outside the stadium. Looks awesome from the lake. And inside, its nice. I don't know about amenities like a shopping mall or gourmet food or a nightclub or whatever the fuck but imo the football viewing experience at soldier is excellent. And the grass has been fine basically since Pace came on.

The only legitimate complaints are the small size (which might be an advantage for increasing crowd noise) and how it looks from outside the stadium. I don't know what you are on about with the rest. It's not dumpy or ugly inside at all.

Ever since they re-did the stadium, there's not a bad seat in the house. It's a shame it looks so terrible from the outside though.