Is it time to tear down Soldier Field

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The renovation is less than 20 years old and nobody needs a roof. It’s not like they need the option of using it as convention space.

Not going to happen. Not worth worrying about.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The renovation is less than 20 years old and nobody needs a roof. It’s not like they need the option of using it as convention space.

Not going to happen. Not worth worrying about.
Having the smallest and honestly dumpiest stadium in the league is embarrassing. The renovation is a massive failure by all accounts

napo55

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the OP is searching for controversy. Why discuss what's not gonna happen?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Doesn't seem like something the McCaskey family would do unless they could get it paid for by the taxpayers, and that seems highly unlikely.
I could see the McCaskey’s fork over the cash some time in the next decade. They seem to be back to giving a shit about the team and with the Fire playing there next season it can’t be good for the grass.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a whiney individual complaining because they want to see more events held at a stadium besides football...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see the McCaskey’s fork over the cash some time in the next decade. They seem to be back to giving a shit about the team and with the Fire playing there next season it can’t be good for the grass.
What are you basing that comment on? The various family members are known to not agree on spending, some have wanted to sell the team.
They have spent big on new training facilities and offices, stadium is a whole different animal.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I was at a game last year (bad tickets in the upper deck), and I was thinking to myself about how much better the view is in the upper deck at Soldier Field compared to the other NFL stadiums I've been to.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What are you basing that comment on? The various family members are known to not agree on spending, some have wanted to sell the team.
They have spent big on new training facilities and offices, stadium is a whole different animal.
George is calling the shots now and he seems to be in favor of 1 holding onto the team and 2 helping do what ownership can to make the bears a respectable franchise again. Also, I kind of feel like it’s always been in the back of the McCaskey’s heads and this article saying they even went as far as getting an architect to draw up plans for a new stadium on the west side shows it. Now with SF being the oldest (I think) and smallest stadium in the NFL with another team beating up the grass it makes sense they would finally pull the trigger

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I was at a game last year (bad tickets in the upper deck), and I was thinking to myself about how much better the view is in the upper deck at Soldier Field compared to the other NFL stadiums I've been to.
Agreed there are no bad seats in SF. That’s the one good thing it has going for it but everything else screams it’s time to upgrade

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I thought the field was a lot better this past year, unless something bad happen like injuries or a army of bird shit-flys-bys, than nothing won't happen. The stadium is iconic and they ain't gonna do a fucking thing to it likewise.
IMO get those fucking potholes fixed, i'm sick of repairing my rims when it rains and flood the streets.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't seem like something the McCaskey family would do unless they could get it paid for by the taxpayers, and that seems highly unlikely.

While we might hope that seems highly unlikely, I don't think we are naive to think our upstanding politicians in the chicago area aren't above making a quick buck or millions.

So...I really think all it would take is the McCaskeys finally selling the team. Virginia is an old person, so there will be a change. I would say all bets are off, but that a team sale would absolutely play into the hands of the corrupt politic, leading to a new billionaire ownership group subsidized by taxpayers chipping in for a new state of the art stadium.

With the current progress of technology...they could build something revolutionary in about 5-10 years though, as a plus. But to think Chicago is above taxing the people...hahahahahahahaha...yeah we wish that were the case but think about it again and ask yourself what has been reality for 40 years?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Or they go back to wrigley where there was a 7 yard end zone, obstructed views, poor washrooms. If you peeps had to watch a game there like I did you would not bitch about Soldier

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What points?
It’s an ugly stadium. Bears fans have put up with so much shit over the last few decades we deserve better than this. Look at the other 2 major cities in this country and they have huge billion dollar stadiums in LA and NY. Why not Chicago? Bears fans are certainly more passionate than rams and chargers fans and could easily fill up a new stadium consistently. I mean Jesus even the little inbred village of Green Bay has a huge outdoor stadium. Plus with it’s about time the bears actually owned their own stadium and can take care of it. Whose to say the grass won’t go back to being shit with the Fire playing there now?

Reactions: DC

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Or they go back to wrigley where there was a 7 yard end zone, obstructed views, poor washrooms. If you peeps had to watch a game there like I did you would not bitch about Soldier
Being better than crap doesn’t make it good.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It’s an ugly stadium. Bears fans have put up with so much shit over the last few decades we deserve better than this. Look at the other 2 major cities in this country and they have huge billion dollar stadiums in LA and NY. Why not Chicago? Bears fans are certainly more passionate than rams and chargers fans and could easily fill up a new stadium consistently. I mean Jesus even the little inbred village of Green Bay has a huge outdoor stadium. Plus with it’s about time the bears actually owned their own stadium and can take care of it. Whose to say the grass won’t go back to being shit with the Fire playing there now?
exactly, he didn't make any points.