IST Braves @ Cubs

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Da fuq? Cubs come back and we are talking about payroll? In 2019, the Cubs are probably going to get the biggest TV contract in baseball history. The Cubs are going to create their own network.

Money aint a thang. I truly believe David Price will be here. He liked us before Maddon. He doesn't have to shave his facial hair and the Cubs have plenty of enough money to pay him. Now, Arrieta I see signing for below market. The Cubs saved his career. He loves it here. He won't get paid small but the Cubs have a huge advantage to sign him. If he signs somewhere else, they overpaid by double digit millions. Learn from the Cardinals. Philosophy is more important than a player. Cards have done just fine since Pujols.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Da fuq? Cubs come back and we are talking about payroll? In 2019, the Cubs are probably going to get the biggest TV contract in baseball history. The Cubs are going to create their own network.

Money aint a thang. I truly believe David Price will be here. He liked us before Maddon. He doesn't have to shave his facial hair and the Cubs have plenty of enough money to pay him. Now, Arrieta I see signing for below market. The Cubs saved his career. He loves it here. He won't get paid small but the Cubs have a huge advantage to sign him. If he signs somewhere else, they overpaid by double digit millions. Learn from the Cardinals. Philosophy is more important than a player. Cards have done just fine since Pujols.

I don't see the Cubs as paying the highest contract in history for a pitcher which is what Price will get. I also don't know why Arrieta would extend because with two more years at this level he'll get the highest contract for a pitcher after 2017. If they do get Price I could see Arrieta traded after next year while he has value. Lots of moving parts here. I trust this FO, I just don't trust that things will go in a necessarily linear direction.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't believe everyone is doing projections two and three years down the road. There are so many things that factor in....maybe someone in your system suddenly jumps to the forefront....maybe a guy you're counting on tanks (i.e. Castro)....injuries....a trade offer that blows you away....unhappy players. Just too many variables. Enjoy what's happening now and know that it could be all different as early as next season...for better or worse. There's no predicting the future....as an example, I was a strong proponent of the Cubs not making a significant move at the deadline for pitching. But if I knew that they would start hitting like they are, I would've been going in the opposite direction. They actually have a shot at a deep run in the playoffs now that they are hitting....they way they were hitting most of the season made them a long shot a best.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I do not see the Rickett's bumping payroll over 150 mil at any point

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Dexter fucking Fowler! I want him back next season!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
BRYANT! !!!!!

I want 10 runs today and 7 innings for Hammel

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just waiting for this team to hit a rough patch - it just never seems to come.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Our offense is absolutely rolling as of late! Hopefully we can sustain this through October