IST Braves @ Cubs

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
We are so unlucky to be in the NL Central this season. We'd be in first place everywhere else

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell has a groin injury. The Cubs haven't said the severity. They said groin pull but haven't updated. This could get interesting if he is put on the dl.

I guess he is only going to miss tom. Saying groin tightness. Cubs don't seem concerned.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Kudos to Hammel today. 6.1 and 2 runs with that wind blowing out was job well done. Not sure why the short lease with Maddon.
Wrigleyville was totally alive today.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
We are so unlucky to be in the NL Central this season. We'd be in first place everywhere else

Nah, I disagree, you've got to play the best to be the best. Chasing the Cards and Bucs will make the Cubs better towards the end of the season, imo.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. This really is a good way to tell how these players are going to handle adversity in the future. So far the kids are handling it in an outstanding manner.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
They said on ESPN that the Cubs have only had two stretches prior to this year of going 20-5 in a 25 game span in the history of the team.

One was in 2008, and I don't remember the other. I believe it was in the 30's, but every time they have done this through the course of the season, they made the playoffs. :smug2: