IST: Brewers at Cubs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I read the Cards fan forum here in StLoiis.

They constantly say the Cubs have no pitching.

Now after allowing 2 runs in 4 games, they discuss how terrible the Brewers’ offense is, while giving zero credit to Cubs pitching. So predictable, and so funny.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read the Cards fan forum here in StLoiis.

They constantly say the Cubs have no pitching.

Now after allowing 2 runs in 4 games, they discuss how terrible the Brewers’ offense is, while giving zero credit to Cubs pitching. So predictable, and so funny.

You should pose the question.....What exactly are the Cardinal Fans hanging their hat on? Their team's bad defense or mediocre bullpen?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well, scoring 9 runs in a 4 game sweep was the low mark in 100 years beating the old record by 4 whole runs.

I would say there are still questions.

That concerns me a little less. The weather probably effected both teams. Right now we are 8th in total runs scored and our runs per game average puts us at number 5 in the Majors. If we were down towards the bottom of the bottom of the runs scored then I would be more concerned. We are also in the upper end of the spectrum as far as ERA and average on the pitching side. We haven't looked fantastic but the team is with the better teams as far as numbers go.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
well, scoring 9 runs in a 4 game sweep was the low mark in 100 years beating the old record by 4 whole runs.

I would say there are still questions.

I think the weather and the fact that Brewers pitching is actually pretty good were factors. What was positive was even in the absence of scoring runs the hitters strung together some pretty nice PAs. They take pitches, they don't swing wildly out of the zone and they look focused at the plate. Runs will come but the fact that they can pull out one run games is extremely encouraging. The Cubs weren't very good at those last year and you need to be able to do that in order to be elite.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Chattwood is a better pitcher than most of their staff...