IST: Cards at Cubs

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Wrigley Field, Chicago IL

Monday 7:00 PM(ESPN)
Chatwood (4.91 ERA 0-2) vs Wainwright (5.06 0-2)

Tuesday 8:05 PM
Lester (4.40 1-0) vs Wacha (5.52 2-1)

Wed. 2:20 PM
Hendricks (3.71 0-1) vs Weaver (2.08 2-0)

I've taken it upon myself to make this because when TC does we don't win enough games :D Apparently Wainwright has been terrible this year from what I read. So naturally today will be a pitchers duel where no one scores. Also interesting is the cubs should have Rizzo back and only lost him for 8 games thanks to weather. They were .500 over that frame.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Supposed to be colder tonight then it was over the weekend and there snow now..
They going to postpone this one too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Game postponed...

Good thing they started the season early this year

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I'm used to the shite weather effects on baseball as i was raised a Cubs fan and i relocated to the Bay Area a long time ago, so I found the following stat pretty interesting: last Friday the Giants were rained out and it was their first postponed home game here in 12 seasons.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm used to the shite weather effects on baseball as i was raised a Cubs fan and i relocated to the Bay Area a long time ago, so I found the following stat pretty interesting: last Friday the Giants were rained out and it was their first postponed home game here in 12 seasons.

Why is that surprising? You pick the Cubs or White Sox and I'll bet that either have had more games postponed by weather than the Padres, the Dodgers, the Angels, Giants or A's have had combined in the last 10 years. It's California....

and I'm fucking jealous. :)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why is that surprising? You pick the Cubs or White Sox and I'll bet that either have had more games postponed by weather than the Padres, the Dodgers, the Angels, Giants or A's have had combined in the last 10 years. It's California....

Mad bro?

RacerX

Liked Posts:

It's not like it never rains in CA, it's raining as type this. I also used to have (company) field tix for the Giants when they played at Candlestick, i froze my ass off down there - there were some miserable nights but they played through.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It's not like it never rains in CA, it's raining as type this. I also used to have (company) field tix for the Giants when they played at Candlestick, i froze my ass off down there - there were some miserable nights but they played through.

Cloudy and 65 in San Dog

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
gotta wonder if they skip Chatwood tomorrow, they dont like moving lester off his normal rest.

I dont know why they played that game Saturday, it seems to me that these two days have been better than saturday. I guess the league took alot of heat for "forcing" them to play.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I've never been there and it does look kind of nasty some nights on TV when the Cubs play the Giants...but it sure looks great everywhere else in that state.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I've never been there and it does look kind of nasty some nights on TV when the Cubs play the Giants...but it sure looks great everywhere else in that state.

Giants crushed it with their new stadium, and the surrounding area is vibrant as well. They are taking it up a couple notches with the new Warriors arena which will also be on the Bay in SF.

I'm not a fan of either of those teams but got to hand it to them for location and design.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Kinda packed there. Been there once. Down here it is spread out. Pretty much need a car to survive. But we are surrounded by desert so there is the feeling of entrapped

chibears55

Liked Posts:
gotta wonder if they skip Chatwood tomorrow, they dont like moving lester off his normal rest.

I dont know why they played that game Saturday, it seems to me that these two days have been better than saturday. I guess the league took alot of heat for "forcing" them to play.
Nope..
Their sticking to the rotation..
Chatwood goes tomorrow

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Interesting side note.... Smyly started throwing off a mound this week. I think you can effectively look at this like it's say December for him right now. Think there's a pretty good chance if his recover goes well he may be ready by the all star break which would be pretty interesting. At the very least it would be a hedge against Chatwood not performing and rather than having to make a trade to fix the problem they got a guy already. He also could potentially be a LH weapon out of the bullpen if Chatwood finds a groove.

All that being said... I'm not really sure who you'd ditch in the current rotation/BP to roster him. We might be in a situation where you actually think about trading someone away to open space which would be sorta wild. Just as an example, we know that supposedly the O's wanted pitching when dealing with the Machado talks. I'm not sure if Chatwood would interest them but Monty probably would. Just something to keep an eye on.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Interesting side note.... Smyly started throwing off a mound this week. I think you can effectively look at this like it's say December for him right now. Think there's a pretty good chance if his recover goes well he may be ready by the all star break which would be pretty interesting. At the very least it would be a hedge against Chatwood not performing and rather than having to make a trade to fix the problem they got a guy already. He also could potentially be a LH weapon out of the bullpen if Chatwood finds a groove.

All that being said... I'm not really sure who you'd ditch in the current rotation/BP to roster him. We might be in a situation where you actually think about trading someone away to open space which would be sorta wild. Just as an example, we know that supposedly the O's wanted pitching when dealing with the Machado talks. I'm not sure if Chatwood would interest them but Monty probably would. Just something to keep an eye on.
Any trade for Machado would have to include either Baez or Russell..

With the emergence of Butler as the long relief emergency starter type and if Smyley is able to return after the break..

Maybe a deal involving Baez or Russell with a pitching prospect and Monty or Chatwood would do the trick..

Be nice if they can get an extension commited before the deal..

My fantasy world wish would be trading for Machado and signing Harper..

For me, Rizzo Bryant and Contreras are the only ones im commited to to build around..
Everyone else is expendable if it means being able to add both Machado and Harper..

Of course id be estatic if they just land one of them two

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Any trade for Machado would have to include either Baez or Russell.

No one in their right mind is trading someone at that talent level for 3 months of Machado no matter how good he is. To put this in words, if you think Russell/Baez are yearly 3 win guys you're trading between 9 and 12 wins for probably 3. Even for a team who cares more about this year than the future given WS aspirations, that's a mental loss in ROI.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I kinda wouldn't mind seeing Rizzo leadoff part deux.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No one in their right mind is trading someone at that talent level for 3 months of Machado no matter how good he is. To put this in words, if you think Russell/Baez are yearly 3 win guys you're trading between 9 and 12 wins for probably 3. Even for a team who cares more about this year than the future given WS aspirations, that's a mental loss in ROI.
obviously if and before the cubs make that kind of deal their going to want a commitment to an extension from him to include Russell or Baez..
I probably should of made that clearer

If it just a rental and a chance to at least have a few month to talk, maybe Happ and a couple pitchers get it going ..Then Maddon has to figure out how to keep both Russell and Baez happy with playing time

If Epstein and Hoyer are seriously considering to make a legit offer on a Machado deal, id love to see that happen sooner rather then later..

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Orioles really were interested in moving him, it would've been done already. Unless he comes with contract in hand, they won't get near his worth at the deadline.