IST: Cubs @ Astros

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Yeah, and those people are 100% correct.

fWAR was updated this year to take pitch framing into account. Contreras was the most valuable catcher in all MLB up until this week when he slumped a bit (currently #3). His bat more than makes up for his defensive deficiencies.

I am here every day, and can't recall ever seeing such sentiment. Ever.

It was a crowd of one. I'll let you guess.

Last edited:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Do you really think that he is keeping in baseball shape while dealing with a divorce? These guys train over the winter also and it takes a few weeks just to start baseball activities. That is why Joe said it will take time.

The worst situation is to be up there playing at 50% because your life is a mess. I I recall right this is the reason why Sandberg retired the first time.

Ben Zobrist: First player in MLB history to be bedridden as a result of divorce. Looking forward to Lifetime producing "Rise and Walk: The Ben Zobrist Story" soon! I guess they'll need to find someone other than Lori Laughlin to play Mrs. Zobrist...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I hope the child is ok. Terrible looks on the players faces

Passan was on espn this morning, I got to hear him since the mumbling fuck guillen was on the score. He said a 79 year old woman celebrating her birthday and wedding anniversary was struck in the head at dodgers stadium last year, had a brain hemmorage, died 48 hours later.

Seems a little kid being injured might make people change.

Personally, I have posted in the past that I put responsibility of the parents. You see the camera panning around with the two year olds in the 300.00 seats and you have to pass the blame along. No, this little girl was not face deep in her cell phone, but if you are going to sit that close with your children, you better be ready to get in the way of a foul screamer.

KB and the players all say they need netting to the foul poles.

I am waiting for the nay sayers claiming that the superstars dont want to sign autographs anymore.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ben Zobrist: First player in MLB history to be bedridden as a result of divorce. Looking forward to Lifetime producing "Rise and Walk: The Ben Zobrist Story" soon! I guess they'll need to find someone other than Lori Laughlin to play Mrs. Zobrist...

This kinda pushes you into the insensitive ass hole realm.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Passan was on espn this morning, I got to hear him since the mumbling fuck guillen was on the score. He said a 79 year old woman celebrating her birthday and wedding anniversary was struck in the head at dodgers stadium last year, had a brain hemmorage, died 48 hours later.

Personally, I have posted in the past that I put responsibility of the parents. You see the camera panning around with the two year olds in the 300.00 seats and you have to pass the blame along. No, this little girl was not face deep in her cell phone, but if you are going to sit that close with your children, you better be ready to get in the way of a foul screamer.

I am waiting for the nay sayers claiming that the superstars dont want to sign autographs anymore.

ESPN last night was making a issue of it also. The fact that this game was national and had a huge emotional impact will force rule changes. Most international play has netting to the foul pole.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This kinda pushes you into the insensitive ass hole realm.

Not at all. I think Zobrist should take all the time he needs away from the team, and return if and when he's mentally ready. I'm just mocking your pollyannish suggestion that he's apparently incapable of physical activity in the meantime. Having observed a fair number of divorces, I'm confident I'm on solid ground here.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is really not pollyannish. You can't treat this like a normal injury. Because in those cases the player is going through a therapy to keep in shape because this is part of a treatment and recovery.

Ben has been removed from baseball to deal with a divorce. I highly doubt that he is in the gym and hitting the batting cages. If it was not a big deal then he would be playing through it.

We really don't know the whole story but it appears that both are very religious so this might even go deeper. Honest I would have though that they would be above this behavior with children involved.

Regardless I wouldn't want him playing distracted. He did seem off this year and now we know why.

Regardless Joe and the Cubs are going forward not expecting him back. If he does return then he would need time to get back into playing shape.

I personally don't expect him back. If he was returning we would have heard something by now

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways. With Russell bring a positive impact after his personal issues 1 problem to sort is enough. Think the clubhouse really doesn't need that distraction.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Houston has been able to win and keep bringing up quality talent. Basically if the Cubs did not make those two trades to deplete their system then they would have that depth also.

Houston Has been good at targeting talent and we are seeing a team missing 1/2 their opening day just win. That means that they have talent depth.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

It is not practical to expect a parent to be able to stop a line drive from hitting their kid. It happens so fast, and frankly, even the best parent is going to take their eye off the batter at some point. It's easy to simply want to assign blame, but that solves little.

Even if every parent watches every pitch, poised to jump in front of their kid, it still doesn't make netting a bad idea.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Houston has been able to win and keep bringing up quality talent. Basically if the Cubs did not make those two trades to deplete their system then they would have that depth also.

Houston Has been good at targeting talent and we are seeing a team missing 1/2 their opening day just win. That means that they have talent depth.
We would have great depth. A starting caliber middle infielder would be sitting on the bench, as would a starting caliber OF. We already have some depth there, and guys sitting who are capable of starting. As a matter of fact, it causes the lineup changes so often, a Joe wants to get them all in.

But we would not have the depth we currently have in the rotation, nor would we have a world series title. So as much as I would absolutely love to have the guys we gave up, I don't regret the moves.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lawyer for the family of the little girl finally disclosed the girl had a fractured skull and internal bleeding from the line drive off of Almoras bat.

Keep piling on that the kid is no good, piece of shit, cant hit, rally killer, without realizing what he has been going thru.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lawyer for the family of the little girl finally disclosed the girl had a fractured skull and internal bleeding from the line drive off of Almoras bat.

Keep piling on that the kid is no good, piece of shit, cant hit, rally killer, without realizing what he has been going thru.

I actually noticed him making a very concerted effort to take everything up the middle and opposite field in the short term after that which obviously is going to effect your game some. That’s the type of hitter he is in general, but it seemed more forced.

I haven’t paid as much attention lately to see if he is still doing that.