IST: Cubs at Dbacks

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Maybe a trip to the IR for Chatwood and I’m not giddy happy. Who’d of thought.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I like Ryan, just hope Maddon dont kill him before the all star break

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ryan arm has to be dead after the week he had and 2 innings yesterday...
Should of just went with Webster or brought him in after a baserunner

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why did Chatwood go out?
Did someone say he was hurt?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a game! I thought it was gone! Cubs win!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Damm I thought it was gone or over his head..

What a game, needed that win, Seattle gonna be tough and then home with the Cardinals hopefully with 1st place on the line

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Why did Chatwood go out?
Did someone say he was hurt?

Looked like he pulled/tweaked something before he even got to first on his double. Should have easily scored on Almora’s hit, but had to jog into third.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What a game! I thought it was gone! Cubs win!

I am on the phone with my brother, and started saying "He literally just walked it off" because I thought it was gone.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Looked like he pulled/tweaked something before he even got to first on his double. Should have easily scored on Almora’s hit, but had to jog into third.
I wondered about that, because he coasted into third as if scoring was never a thought.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lost in the ending of this crazy game...

Zobrist gave up his start to Bote and ended up with the GW hit in the 15th..
Crazy game this baseball is

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Damm I thought it was gone or over his head..

What a game, needed that win, Seattle gonna be tough and then home with the Cardinals hopefully with 1st place on the line

When we got up 3 in extras, I mentioned to my brother that there was a game today (Oak-Tor) that went into extras 1-1. Visitor scored 3 and gave up 4 in extra innings. We came within ten feet of duplicating that. So glad we didn't.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hell of a series win. Cubs really had no business winning that game today.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Hell of a series win. Cubs really had no business winning that game today.

I don't understand comments like this. The Cubs had as much business winning as the other team did. Sure, they missed a lot of chances, but they scored more runs than their opponent before the outs ran out. That's literally the point of the game.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Lost in the ending of this crazy game...

Zobrist gave up his start to Bote and ended up with the GW hit in the 15th..
Crazy game this baseball is
Stuff like this is why baseball is the most enjoyable storytelling. Guys like Heyward and Chatwood having redemption arcs.....etc. It's why i get frustrated when everyone just wants x player gone. I love the story telling moments.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Don't look now, but the Cubs are in 2nd place after the dismal start. It's almost like you can't treat every game as live or die moments.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Stuff like this is why baseball is the most enjoyable storytelling. Guys like Heyward and Chatwood having redemption arcs.....etc. It's why i get frustrated when everyone just wants x player gone. I love the story telling moments.

I actually like Chatwood starting. His walks can be controlled with his ability to generate grounders. Coming out in a pinch you really don't want a guy with a shaky track record of giving up free passes.

Heyward is getting back to what he was. Honestly I put this as he is a vet and let a revolving door of hitting coaches alter his mechanic from day one.

I believe it got into his head after signing that deal that he had to be something he was not. Now he is looking like the guy who they paid for. Kudos to him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Redemption is nice, Chatwood is a one year project, I am sorry, but Heyward blew bad for 3 years. That is a horror story.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Don't look now, but the Cubs are in 2nd place after the dismal start. It's almost like you can't treat every game as live or die moments.
All I know is we are going to have wished we got this off day sometime later in the year. What the hell with a 2 game interleague series anyway.