IST: Cubs AT Marlins

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What will help is Morrow starting a month late. That will help at the back end. Add to it I believe that they will end up using Happ in a deal.
I'm not counting on much from Morrow..
Theo wanted him to be used sparingly last year and I bet he'll be used even less this year...

Plus ,who knows how he gonna bounce back being 34 and coming off elbow surgery

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm not counting on much from Morrow..
Theo wanted him to be used sparingly last year and I bet he'll be used even less this year...

Plus ,who knows how he gonna bounce back being 34 and coming off elbow surgery

Nothing wrong with you playing the safe card.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What will help is Morrow starting a month late. That will help at the back end. Add to it I believe that they will end up using Happ in a deal.

Is his value going up while inIowa?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He's really tearing it up down there.

Never really said major return. They don't have that trade capital.

They need a high leverage lefty more than anything right now. Montgomery is fine as a 2 inning guy. Rest suck.

As is the pen is supporting itself with out Morrow. Sure it would be nice to be 5 RHP deep all hovering 1 WHIP. we can all want that. Im happy that we have 2 there or below.

With Morrow back basically pushing Brach out IMO. Webster has not sucked enough yet to have an opinion on. WHIP at 1 but limited exposure.

So Happ plus maybe Maples might get a stable lefty with control. Teams will look at both and see talent.

The only AAA guys that I see as untouchable is Meeks and Alozay. Those 2 IMO will break in via the pen.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
D4YArE6X4AEKRCI.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let’s not let this get interesting.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Attaboy, Castro.

Take a strike and whiff on ball four.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well I wouldn't gauge much on a tank job team.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Really digging all those "Cubs are gonna need till June 1st to dig out of their 1-6 start" takes right now.
2nd best run diff in the NL right now behind the dodgers. Honestly its crazy to think how good this offense could be if Rizzo and Bryant wake up. Hamels and Q both look very locked in. Lester did too before getting hurt. Darvish and Hendricks are a bit of a mixed bag though as i mentioned after Hendricks' last start he's kind of always that way in April.

Obviously doesn't mean the bullpen is "fixed" but I think people overreacted to it in the early going. If the hitters and starters are going right it really doesn't matter that much until the playoffs and hopefully by then they will have had enough time to piece things together.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
cubs are a good team. Why? Good teams beat bad teams. Marlins are offensively challenged, but our pitchers have looked good. Quintana is looking amazing. His stuff is the best I have ever seen since he became a Cubs. Darvish is getting that swag again. He knows he need to throw strikes. We really dont need a 5 starter but twice for the next month. Let Lester take his time coming back.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Their looking much better then how they started but I'll reserve my "Their Back"until I see how they play against much better teams these next 2 weeks

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Well I wouldn't gauge much on a tank job team.

Well, that wasn't my point. But since you brought it up, isn't a sweep, two shutouts, and outscoring the opponent 17-2 exactly what you would expect from a serious playoff contender against a "tank job"?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Marlins are bad. But you cannot play much better against an MLB team than the Cubs just did.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If anything, we saw a bunch of power arms in that Marlin bullpen that should be moving eventually

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
2nd best run diff in the NL right now behind the dodgers. Honestly its crazy to think how good this offense could be if Rizzo and Bryant wake up. Hamels and Q both look very locked in. Lester did too before getting hurt. Darvish and Hendricks are a bit of a mixed bag though as i mentioned after Hendricks' last start he's kind of always that way in April.

Obviously doesn't mean the bullpen is "fixed" but I think people overreacted to it in the early going. If the hitters and starters are going right it really doesn't matter that much until the playoffs and hopefully by then they will have had enough time to piece things together.

Also, on Milwaukee's "hot start":

12-7
99 Runs, 101 Runs Allowed (-2 Run Differential)
Pythagorean W-L: 9-10

Cubs
8-9
103 Runs, 85 Runs Allowed (+18 Run Differential)
Pythagorean W-L: 10-7