IST: Cubs at Twins

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Dont care for arrieta to still be in game..
8 run lead close to 120 pitches and no day off till his next start Friday against the Cardinals

With the Cubs upcoming schedule, I am glad Arrieta went the whole game.

The next three series (10 games) are gonna tell a lot about this team and their make-up.

Any way they can play .500 ball is okay by me as they will arguably face the toughest pitching in a stretch that they have seen this year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
With the Cubs upcoming schedule, I am glad Arrieta went the whole game.

The next three series (10 games) are gonna tell a lot about this team and their make-up.

Any way they can play .500 ball is okay by me as they will arguably face the toughest pitching in a stretch that they have seen this year.
More the reason you shouldn't have your top guy throwing pitches he didn't need to be...

Only bad thing about this dodgers series, they have their top 3 of rotation matching up against cubs bottom 3..

Hope for a split

TL1961

Liked Posts:
More the reason you shouldn't have your top guy throwing pitches he didn't need to be...

Only bad thing about this dodgers series, they have their top 3 of rotation matching up against cubs bottom 3..

Hope for a split

Ah....quit babying them. They're grown men.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Their already babied...

We will see on Friday, wouldn't surprise me if his arm gets tired in 5th or 6th inning

You don't think the pitching coach and manager communicated with Arrieta. If he didn't feel like he could do it or they had spotted something, they would have pulled him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scwarber has some learning to do still. The Twins basically shut him down. High fastballs seem to be his kryptonite right now. They busted him them a lot. Like to see some improvement before next call up. They spotted that pretty quickly which shows how fast scouting reports travel.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You don't think the pitching coach and manager communicated with Arrieta. If he didn't feel like he could do it or they had spotted something, they would have pulled him.
U think Arrieta was gonna miss a chance for a complete game shutout?

Im not saying he didn't look strong enough to finish the game

Im just not sure it was a smart move to allow him to go 120 pitches knowing the game was in hand and he has a big start against the Cardinals on friday

CSF77

Liked Posts:
U think Arrieta was gonna miss a chance for a complete game shutout?

Im not saying he didn't look strong enough to finish the game

Im just not sure it was a smart move to allow him to go 120 pitches knowing the game was in hand and he has a big start against the Cardinals on friday

I wouldn't over think it. When he gets his side work in in a few days then is when they can evaluate it. I'm not too concerned as he is a bull dog type out there.