IST: Cubs @ Braves

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
You need to get Edwards out of there!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We scored two in the 9th last night to win it.

To prevent that from happening tonight, we are walking men with the bases loaded.

Somehow, Justin Hancock has been promoted to "guy to use in high-leverage situations".

Not that he is responsible for the deficit. Just wondering why he is called upon with bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Why do you say every day that you can't wait for the weather to get warm?

Are we the ONE team in MLB that scores more when warm or something?
I dont say it everyday..

I was told theyll hit when the weather heats up and also theyll play better and pour it on in 2nd half..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Oh, for Christ's sake, he rested within the last week.

A guy finally gets to play three days straight and every failure is due to "needing a day off".

No player on Maddon's team "needs a day off".
You know damn well Maddon going to sit him after going 1 for 12 with 7 Ks in last 3 games...

5 for 32 12 Ks in last 7 games

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Who do we blame for the increase in walks..

The pitchers or Hickey

2017 3.4 BB9
2018 4.2 BB9

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You know damn well Maddon going to sit him after going 1 for 12 with 7 Ks in last 3 games...

5 for 32 12 Ks in last 7 games

Slumping does not mean "needs rest". Maybe he should sit, but he is rested.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Slumping does not mean "needs rest". Maybe he should sit, but he is rested.
Who said rest?
Wasn't me

I said he needs a day off
He having terrible ABs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Anyone else think Maddon screwed up by taking Chatwood out in 6th?

Anyone else think Maddon not doing enough to get this team in better position to win games?

Anyone think this team should be much better then 22 and 18 and think Maddon is partially the blame?

I know you all think I'm crazy for thinking this..
But
I really believe that if they dont win it all or come close
Epstein will look to bring Girardi in next year

I really believe Epstein wants Girardi to lead this team going forward and if Girardi looking to get back to managing next year, Epstein will make a push for him so he don't end up elsewhere...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I told you this a month ago that if Maddon doesn't make the world series he is gone. A little inside info for you

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Still too much feast or famine with this team. It's so frustrating.

Hope Rizzo isn't hurt in any way. We def need him to start to pick it up. And I'm sure he'll catch fire at some point. Hopefully soon.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Anyone else think Maddon screwed up by taking Chatwood out in 6th?

Anyone else think Maddon not doing enough to get this team in better position to win games?

Anyone think this team should be much better then 22 and 18 and think Maddon is partially the blame?

I know you all think I'm crazy for thinking this..
But
I really believe that if they dont win it all or come close
Epstein will look to bring Girardi in next year

I really believe Epstein wants Girardi to lead this team going forward and if Girardi looking to get back to managing next year, Epstein will make a push for him so he don't end up elsewhere...

I trust that Joe had data telling him that Chatwood was likely to fail with the next two batters. If that’s the case then no, I had no problem with pulling Chatwood. This is a data driven team and we’re not privy to all of it. As far as Theo wanting Girardi, I wouldn’t be too sure of that. They pursued him when they needed a top flight manager going into a window but one of the reasons he was let go in NY was because he rejected some of the data he was told to use by the FO. I actually really like Girardi but he doesn’t seem to be a good fit as when you get right down to it he’s a fairly old school manager. I think it’s ridiculous to talk about replacing a manager with Maddon’s record but if he were to be replaced I think it would be by a young, metric driven manager in the Dave Roberts mold.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I trust that Joe had data telling him that Chatwood was likely to fail with the next two batters. If that’s the case then no, I had no problem with pulling Chatwood. This is a data driven team and we’re not privy to all of it. As far as Theo wanting Girardi, I wouldn’t be too sure of that. They pursued him when they needed a top flight manager going into a window but one of the reasons he was let go in NY was because he rejected some of the data he was told to use by the FO. I actually really like Girardi but he doesn’t seem to be a good fit as when you get right down to it he’s a fairly old school manager. I think it’s ridiculous to talk about replacing a manager with Maddon’s record but if he were to be replaced I think it would be by a young, metric driven manager in the Dave Roberts mold.

Data overrated, sometimes you just got to go with the flow of the game and allow these kids a chance to get the job done ...
Chatwood was pitching well enough to try and finish the inning..

As far as replacing Maddon..
Seen plenty of successful managers get the boot..
This team is stuck in the mud right now as they were at this time last year, can't keep saying it early and they'll turn it on in 2nd half..
Last year it was just the Brewers they had to pass up..
This year Brewers are improved Pirates Cardinals are better and they aren't just gonna go away ..
Too much talent on this team to be hovering .500 at this point and playing lackadaisical baseball..
Maddon to this point isnt doing a good enough job of getting these guys over that hump..
Sometimes you need a change to shake things up

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Oh, for Christ's sake, he rested within the last week.

A guy finally gets to play three days straight and every failure is due to "needing a day off".

No player on Maddon's team "needs a day off".

It may turn out being after Javy stays at the same spot in the lineup for 3 games, It sounds wrong, but sure seems like he has an off game after sticking to a spot.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Data overrated, sometimes you just got to go with the flow of the game and allow these kids a chance to get the job done ...

This team is stuck in the mud right now as they were at this time last year, can't keep saying it early and they'll turn it on in 2nd half..
This year Brewers are improved Pirates Cardinals are better and they aren't just gonna go away ..
Too much talent on this team to be hovering .500 at this point and playing lackadaisical baseball..
Maddon to this point isnt doing a good enough job of getting these guys over that hump..

He has not had a petting zoo or magician in for long time. Maybe Dave stole his rolodex.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Playing .550 baseball = "Stuck in the mud" and "Hovering around .500"

"I really believe Epstein wants Girardi to lead this team going forward" = "I have absolutely no evidence to support this claim other than my own imagination"

More insightful baseball thoughts from you!

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

My point wasn’t about replacing Maddon, I think it’s far fetched and your reasoning seem based on emotion more than anything else, but rather about the fact that this is a data based organization and if he is replaced Girardi is an unlikely choice given that he was known to push back against statistical decisions from his FO. Again, I actually like him but I don’t see the fit at this point of our window.

As far as the data about Chatwood, he was about to face back to back lefties for the third time, granted we don’t know what the numbers said but if they said that the third time he faced two lefties they were hitting .350 against him you would rather ignore that and “go with the flow” and ignore statistical probabilities? That’s absurd.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
As far as the data about Chatwood, he was about to face back to back lefties for the third time, granted we don’t know what the numbers said but if they said that the third time he faced two lefties they were hitting .350 against him you would rather ignore that and “go with the flow” and ignore statistical probabilities? That’s absurd.

Data shows he faced 24 LH batters a 3rd time through this year and has given up just 3 hits and 1 ER...

So we can scrub that "Data" was the reason he pulled him..