IST: Cubs @ Giants

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why is Rizzo a waste of space this year?

CSF77

Liked Posts:

IDK honestly.

.238/.335/.396 Pretty bottom line and I was kinda shocked that they didn't put Baez 4 and Rizzo #5 myself.

IMO the line up should be
OBA
.356 Almora
.346 Heyward
.323 Baez
.384 Bryant
.333 Rizzo
.367 Contreras
.374 Schwarber
.349 Russell

Leaves:
.376 Happ
.387 Zobrist

for rotations.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Or

They could just let Rizzo lead off again. At this point his walk rate and ability to coax plunks maybe his strongest suit.

So something like:

Rizzo
Almora
Heyward
Bryant
Baez
Schwarber
Contraras
Russell

But I tend to agree here that Rizzo has no business in the heart and he should be utilized elsewhere. They have better options going on in RBI bats.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
My opinion...
I think he doing too much outside of baseball and it wearing him down..

Charities Etc. are great, but sometimes you need to draw a line and he pretty much not that type of guy to do that on his own..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

He's the same as he was last year. He's just hitting the ball at people. I mean his numbers are literally all deflated because of BABIP. If you REALLY wanna be nitpicky his walk rate is down but it's not down that far off his career rate and last year was a career high. In terms of his batted ball profile he's not really hitting the ball less hard. It's just HR's from last year are line drives this year and given his BABIP they are probably line drives at people. Before anyone comments about the shift he's not meaningfully pulling the ball any more than he was last year either.

I suppose it's possible this continues but I wouldn't bet on it just like how I told everyone Heyward was different this year prior to breaking out. Anyone running a .236 BABIP is going to have really surpassed numbers. And frankly his numbers aren't even *that* bad. He's hitting .236/.333/.393 where clearly the BABIP has tanked his batting average but to put the other numbers in context here, Javy's OBP is .323. You add 40-50 points to his batting average to where you'd expect him to be with a better BABIP and you're talking about like a .280/.380/.450 line and while you'd like to see more power from him that's not a horrible line.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He's the same as he was last year. He's just hitting the ball at people. I mean his numbers are literally all deflated because of BABIP. If you REALLY wanna be nitpicky his walk rate is down but it's not down that far off his career rate and last year was a career high. In terms of his batted ball profile he's not really hitting the ball less hard. It's just HR's from last year are line drives this year and given his BABIP they are probably line drives at people. Before anyone comments about the shift he's not meaningfully pulling the ball any more than he was last year either.

I think the shift is even more exaggerated for him this year. Just rolling one bunt down third base does not do enough. When he started to turn the corner he was hitting the ball to left field and teams had to keep the "middle guy" by second base. Now he is all pull, the middle guy is well over second base and the normally positioned second baseman positioned guy is in short right field.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Put this loss on the bats..

0 for 7 RISP

14 LOB

Gotta go beat up on SD before the break, be nice to see both good pitching and hitting all weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shitty move by maddon putting KB in right field. first day back from the DL. At least put him in center where he does not have to deal with that crazy wall. I thought Willson caught one like Molina did and Joe already replaced Carrottop and Schwarber. Anyone not questioning Joe on this management must have one of his nuts in their hands.