IST: Cubs @ Mets

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
All that matters is the team records. Cubs are hot right now. It is from the pitching stabilizing. Montgomery has stepped up and stabilized a unstable rotation spot and Edwards went down to injury. He was unstable going into it. Which has given others a chance to right it.

The Mets were reeling. We had The 2 hot hands coming in vs their 2 toughest starters and won both. The other 2 games the Cubs our talented them.

Mets are not in a good place right now and it is really about catching them at the right time.

So this whole business on Pythagorean sounds like a tool vs a rule. I wouldn’t lean on it too hard. Games are played on the diamond not on a math table.

This post sounds like the radio calls at the end of Moneyball. Pythagorean W-L is a powerful tool that shows which teams are over/under performing. As the season goes on, it becomes harder and harder for teams like the Brewers to play above their true talent level. Regression is bitch.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This post sounds like the radio calls at the end of Moneyball. Pythagorean W-L is a powerful tool that shows which teams are over/under performing. As the season goes on, it becomes harder and harder for teams like the Brewers to play above their true talent level. Regression is bitch.

It is like any other tool out there.

How many players get injured?

How many players have career years?

How many players underperform?

A lot. Life is imperfect thing and trying to find a expectation by talent level is a nice projection device.

But i would never make it into a standard. I would also not place a team’s value on a projection tool and expect failure. There are too many factors that are not accounted for.

Shoot Darvish is underperforming. Was that factored? Just looking at the Cubs in general they are a mixed bag right now. Saying they are underperforming is a blanket statement. But looking at it deeper you see good and bad. Almora and Heyward are unexpected. Baez better. Rizzo under.

And so on. It really takes to real life out of the sport.

But as a tool sure it is a nice tool. But I would never use it as a standard.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You have to look at what separated the Brewers from the other teams in the NL Central. Look at their record against the NL West. That is all. They are nothing special.

I tend to weigh the Cubs value vs the other teams. They are beating up teams that they should then get steamrolled after.

Teams get hot and cold. We just punched out a Mets team in a cold streak. Earlier year that series holds another note. Now we are playing a hitter Philly’s team and lost.

It is a sport and competition is part of it.

I can really care less about the Brewers honestly. If they win more games good for them. All I care about is what is happening on my team.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I tend to weigh the Cubs value vs the other teams. They are beating up teams that they should then get steamrolled after.

Teams get hot and cold. We just punched out a Mets team in a cold streak. Earlier year that series holds another note. Now we are playing a hitter Philly’s team and lost.

It is a sport and competition is part of it.

I can really care less about the Brewers honestly. If they win more games good for them. All I care about is what is happening on my team.
"couldn't care less"