IST: Cubs @ Pirates

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Oh well,, bullpen didn't hold and bats went back to sleep

Need to get 3 from the giants this weekend

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Neither our CF nor our RF knows how to truly go after a fly ball.

They are both playing defense reluctantly.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Neither our CF nor our RF knows how to truly go after a fly ball.

They are both playing defense reluctantly.

Heyward is looking better and better to me each day in RF.

I would love to have a SUPERIOR defender out there. Not to mention a modest average and good OBP skills.

I know, I know.........beating a dead horse.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that was disappointing... was so hoping Fowler would somehow get on base to bring Schwarber up to rake.

Oh well... need to take 2/3 from the Giants.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Heyward is looking better and better to me each day in RF.

I would love to have a SUPERIOR defender out there. Not to mention a modest average and good OBP skills.

I know, I know.........beating a dead horse.

Early number crunchers are saying Heyward is going to get at least $20 million per.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Early number crunchers are saying Heyward is going to get at least $20 million per.

Should be nothing if the Cubs want him.

There is enough money coming off of the books, and if players like Schwarber and Edwards step in, it makes it that much easier even if the Cubs go out and pay for a TOR pitcher. Bryant. Ramirez, Grimm, Russell, Schwarber, LaStella, Baez, and Hendricks are the notables making the league minimum.

The Cubs have 82 million committed for next year, and E-Jax only has one year after this one which is 13 million.

Granted Arrieta is going to fetch some money, and if they lock him up long term, that's even more.

There are also players that could be moved too like Castro, Wood, Coghlan, Wada, and Soler if they decide to.

Fowler, Denorphia, Motte are free agents. There is 16.5 million tied up in these three so......I think they are alright if need be. :yep: