IST: Cubs @ Seattle

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Since we're talking Maples... fun fact his average spin rate(don't think this include today) is 2940 RPM. That's #1 in the league. #2 is Ryan Pressly at 2848 RPM. #3 is Corbin Burnes at 2809 RPM. #4 is Chaz Roe at 2712 RPM. #5 is Kyle Crick at 2706 RPM.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
We used to pitch like that when we were kids...wiffle ball. That’s what that slider reminds me of. Really crazy stuff.

When it works it's just bonkers, but when his slider doesn't bite it tends to keep sailing and goes way inside to RH hitters. I wonder if he runs into HBP issues.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
did not see much, other than the strikeouts I saw on highlights showed Lester had a plate umpire that worked with him and gave him that corner pitch.

11 runs and all the highlights were on the 1 hit effort.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they could ever get this kid to throw more strikes than balls....the Cub's long term closer could be sitting down in their bullpen.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When it works it's just bonkers, but when his slider doesn't bite it tends to keep sailing and goes way inside to RH hitters. I wonder if he runs into HBP issues.

Actually, I think that's okay. Coming high and tight with an occasional sailing slider just makes his strike zone bigger and the hitter uneasy.