IST: Cubs vs Braves

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs making a comeback....

Too bad they didn't get more then 1 last inning when they had bases loaded no outs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So, over his first 48 PAs of the season Happ is currently sitting at a cool 45.8% k rate.
And Maddon still had him hitting leadoff today ahead of Almora..lol

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't want to give up on Happ either, the only Cub i have no more hope or faith in is Heyward, of course i wish him to prove me wrong

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bryant gets a hold of one, they got a shot in the 9th

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't want to give up on Happ either, the only Cub i have no more hope or faith in is Heyward, of course i wish him to prove me wrong
Dont need to give up on him..
He got the potential as he showed last year..
Maybe just needs to do some adjustments in iowa, bring him back later in year and ease him back in lower in lineup...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Zobrist with the game tying grand slam..
Hmmmm

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Baez batting, representing the lead run.

This is one time I want him swinging for the fences. (I doubt that will be a problem.)

As harry would say...."OHHH, for a long one!"

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think we know what Baez going to go up there looking to do on every pitch..

How fitting would that be if he gets a hold of one and gives them the lead

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

See I get why people are that way about Heyward but looking through is data the other night I'm actually a bit encouraged. I wont dive fully into it again but the gist is he's always been a ground ball hitter and this year he looks like something completely different. His flyball rate is like 50% higher than his career rates. Balls aren't falling which is killing his BABIP and thus his average. But he's hitting the ball with more exit velocity. The last time he's hit the ball this hard was 2010 when he hit 18 HRs and that year he had a 2ish GB/FB rate. He's currently at 1ish this year or in other words he's hitting twice as many flyballs.

One of the issue with Heyward reaching the power people always saw he could have but never put up was he hit so many ground balls. And despite the news coverage of his retooled swing in 2017 the data really didn't suggest he was doing anything different. This year he clearly looks different from a data standpoint. Obviously the results aren't there right now. He's hitting way too many infield flys and not enough line drives. But this could be something that just takes a little time. If and when he gets a bit more comfortable with it this version of Heyward would be much more interesting IMO.

The common complaint many have on him is he effectively was the ground ball to 2nd hitter. However, assuming this added loft in his swing is real when those type of hits come they are going to be fly balls into the alley rather than ground balls at 2B. Additionally, his HR/FB rate is currently half his career rate and 1/3 what it was in 2010 when he had similar hard hit rates. If you assume he just goes back to his career rate, 50% more flyballs would take him from a 10-15 HR hitter to 15-20 and if he reaches those 2010 levels of HR/FB you're talking about a 30 HR type hitter.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tie ball game!!

Those poor bastards in the cold are at least happier now.

(I will now start to get really pissed about that run we handed them on the poor defense when I first started watching. Absolute gift, immediately after Almora manufactured one for us, which at the time looked meaningless)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
JAVY BAEZ BABY.....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I hope they win this for all those fans that stuck it out at WF today
They earned it

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
That was a really solid ab by baez and not just because he doubled. Worked the count and got something he could hit.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That was a really solid ab by baez and not just because he doubled. Worked the count and got something he could hit.

Those ABs and that kind of hit from Javy really make me as happy as a big HR. The HR is nice (and I certainly would have loved one there), but that double gives me hope he is coming around on his "all or nothing" approach."

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's hope Heyward can hit one here, this is probably the most important at bat of the season so far

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Come on Schwarber..

Ill take anything to get a run home here

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yes Yes Yes..

Great AB Schwarbs

chibears55

Liked Posts: