Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Shit looked rough in the first inning. But the Bats have backed Lester.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Needed that win. Go get that sweep tomorrow.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I really never liked Theo, but its the fans job to accept what we have for good or bad. The first few years was trust Theo, name your kids after Theo, but this is the same exact lul he had in Boston. He does not choose good free agents, never has, its all been development. When it came time to push for the world series, he gave up three possible all star talents who were his choices. Thats where I always go.

But now, the cubs got a big gift with Cargo, go out and get Kimbrel, and what is the talk before Kimbrel appears in a game (even before a press conference) who are we getting next. The only get we should be looking for is either Gore or Hamilton from KC last day of the deadline. 9th inning run the bases and catch a baseball. But our current flavor of fans want more and more and are willing to shit over players we have now.
He "chose" Jon Lester, who is literally the best free agent signing in Chicago sports history (or 2nd behind Hossa), and just "chose" Kimbrel. Didn't he "choose" Zobrist? Heyward gets a lot of falk from people, but he has been a solid addition. He's a true pro and has made an impact, even if not the bat we'd like him to be.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He "chose" Jon Lester, who is literally the best free agent signing in Chicago sports history (or 2nd behind Hossa), and just "chose" Kimbrel. Didn't he "choose" Zobrist? Heyward gets a lot of falk from people, but he has been a solid addition. He's a true pro and has made an impact, even if not the bat we'd like him to be.

Look who you're dealing with.....the guy who blames the .600 winning manager for every loss.

Besides, as being the biggest Cardinal hater here....you should have a huge smile on your face watching them
upchuck a 4 run 1st inning lead.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just watched a few highlights from last night.

I laughed when they showed Ozuna’s attempt on the bases-clearing double.

They just simply mentioned “Ozuna slides, but nowhere near the ball”.

?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Just watched a few highlights from last night.

I laughed when they showed Ozuna’s attempt on the bases-clearing double.

They just simply mentioned “Ozuna slides, but nowhere near the ball”.

?
It’s hard to believe he won a gold glove at some point and that he was ever able to play center. I really enjoy when he’s in left and Martinez plays right. Martinez is almost guaranteed to make a terrible play when he’s out there.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s hard to believe he won a gold glove at some point and that he was ever able to play center. I really enjoy when he’s in left and Martinez plays right. Martinez is almost guaranteed to make a terrible play when he’s out there.

A cards fan friend ( Who loved Heyward’s defense when he was in St. Louis ), constantly downplays the defense of impact of a right fielder because he talks about only two put outs per game he forgets runners going 1st to 3rd he forgets it doesn’t count as a put out when you can’t find the ball in the outfield etc.

The cards lost a game by four runs earlier this year in which their opponent scored five runs on two balls that the right fielder Martinez completely misjudged. neither was an error because he didn’t get the glove on them, but both are caught by every other right fielder.

That is a huge impact. But since the Cards now suck defensively there, fans just decide it doesn’t matter.

The ball to LF last night may not have been catchable, but a good LF may have limited the damage.

I love that they have poor defense in the corners and a centerfielder who, while he can catch a lot, can’t throw

TL1961

Liked Posts:

The clip of Ozuna climbing the wall waiting for a ball that wound up landing 12 feet short of the wall is the worst defensive play I can remember.

He winds up diving forward, far too late, and doesn’t come anywhere close to catching it.

Even the commentator said “Yeah, you need to fake an injury when you make a play that bad.”

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That is what you go back to? Three free agent signings over the course of 7 going on 8 years? Its like some of you use this to stay in line for his nut sack worship.

Remember when he let Aramis Ramirez walk and traded DJ LeMaihiu for Ian Stewart to take his place? You realize he signed 80 free agents and you can only realistically bring up 2 until Kimbrel, who nobody felt worthy of giving up a draft pick for to take over for terrible options for closers?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The clip of Ozuna climbing the wall waiting for a ball that wound up landing 12 feet short of the wall is the worst defensive play I can remember.

He winds up diving forward, far too late, and doesn’t come anywhere close to catching it.

Even the commentator said “Yeah, you need to fake an injury when you make a play that bad.”

Lol I saw that play. That was great. Living in central Illinois, I am surrounded by cardinal fans and they are so arrogant. They deserve a long drought.

Martinez constantly gets nowhere near balls that look like other right fielders would make plays. Idk if it’s lack of speed, bad jumps, poor reads, or lack of effort. He looks brutal though.

Defensively that team has been brutal for a few years and it doesn’t seem like the fans or management care either. I enjoy it though.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
That is what you go back to? Three free agent signings over the course of 7 going on 8 years? Its like some of you use this to stay in line for his nut sack worship.

Remember when he let Aramis Ramirez walk and traded DJ LeMaihiu for Ian Stewart to take his place? You realize he signed 80 free agents and you can only realistically bring up 2 until Kimbrel, who nobody felt worthy of giving up a draft pick for to take over for terrible options for closers?

How about Scott Feldman who he traded for Arrieta and Strop? That signing was okay. Or the lefty or I can’t reme his name the next year that was solid and got us Vizcaino/Lastella. He’s made a lot of good trades and in the rebuild made decent signings pretty much every year that he could trade for value

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I guess when you say he is terrible at free agent signings, you mean more guys that didn't turn out to be hall of famers than guys that did?

Jon Lester'ss igning turned the franchise around and won us a world series, but because it wasn't this past offseason, you don't think it should count?

If you are counting all 80 acquisitions, are you expecting all of those should be stars? Because that's insanely unrealistic. GM's don't add all new starters and all stars through free agency.

You're counting 80 and criticizing me for only listing three? I was responding to your claim Theo never gets good free agents by listing some stars. You are seriously complaining that during the rebuild he didn't pay big money to keep a aging Aramis Ramirez? Seriously?

He saved money during the down years for when we could really make use of them, and got us better draft picks, but YOUR plan of operation would have been to spend n Aramis to improve our losing record by a game?

No wonder you're always complaining. You have no idea what a good GM is or how it works.

Rather than have a few down years at the start of his tenure and several contending years afterward, you'd have preferred to try to be a4th place team all that time?

FA acquisitions by theo include

John Lackey
Dexter Fowler
Chris Coghlan
David Ross
Trevor Cahill

He added PH's, relievers, a speedy baserunner...added to fill team needs down th estretch.

He just added an elite closer to a team strapped for salary room and in need of a closer. Now seems an odd time to call him out for all these failures.

And the bottom line is, he has acquired many key players in great trades and those somehow don't count because you're one of those fans who thinks GMs can sign every free agent???

Rizzo for Andrew Cashner. Do you miss Cashner?

Arietta and Strop for a catcher never heard from again.

Miguel Montero for chump change.

Kyle Hendricks for a retiring Dempster.

Addison Russell for free agent to be Samardzijia, who wouldn't sign an extension with the Cubs.

Last year he added Chavez to the pen, and Kintzler.
Wade Davis for a reserve OF.

Cole Hamels for nothing.

Good grief!!! You want ER "Salty" Saltwell back as GM?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lol I saw that play. That was great. Living in central Illinois, I am surrounded by cardinal fans and they are so arrogant. They deserve a long drought.

Martinez constantly gets nowhere near balls that look like other right fielders would make plays. Idk if it’s lack of speed, bad jumps, poor reads, or lack of effort. He looks brutal though.

Defensively that team has been brutal for a few years and it doesn’t seem like the fans or management care either. I enjoy it though.
He doesn't read the ball at all. He has no idea where a fly ball is going until its too late.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess when you say he is terrible at free agent signings, you mean more guys that didn't turn out to be hall of famers than guys that did?

Jon Lester'ss igning turned the franchise around and won us a world series, but because it wasn't this past offseason, you don't think it should count?

If you are counting all 80 acquisitions, are you expecting all of those should be stars? Because that's insanely unrealistic. GM's don't add all new starters and all stars through free agency.

You're counting 80 and criticizing me for only listing three? I was responding to your claim Theo never gets good free agents by listing some stars. You are seriously complaining that during the rebuild he didn't pay big money to keep a aging Aramis Ramirez? Seriously?

He saved money during the down years for when we could really make use of them, and got us better draft picks, but YOUR plan of operation would have been to spend n Aramis to improve our losing record by a game?

No wonder you're always complaining. You have no idea what a good GM is or how it works.

Rather than have a few down years at the start of his tenure and several contending years afterward, you'd have preferred to try to be a4th place team all that time?

FA acquisitions by theo include

John Lackey
Dexter Fowler
Chris Coghlan
David Ross
Trevor Cahill

He added PH's, relievers, a speedy baserunner...added to fill team needs down th estretch.

He just added an elite closer to a team strapped for salary room and in need of a closer. Now seems an odd time to call him out for all these failures.

And the bottom line is, he has acquired many key players in great trades and those somehow don't count because you're one of those fans who thinks GMs can sign every free agent???

Rizzo for Andrew Cashner. Do you miss Cashner?
Arietta and Strop for a catcher never heard from again.

Miguel Montero for chump change.

Kyle Hendricks for a retiring Dempster.

Addison Russell for free agent to be Samardzijia, who wouldn't sign an extension with the Cubs.

Last year he added Chavez to the pen, and Kintzler.
Wade Davis for a reserve OF.

Cole Hamels for nothing.

Good grief!!! You want ER "Salty" Saltwell back as GM?

Yeah, he's a horrible GM. They are currently on the longest run of playoff appearances in the history of the team.....that's well over 100 years. Hideous, just like the manager that wins 60% of his games.....suckdom running rampant on the northside.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he's a horrible GM. They are currently on the longest run of playoff appearances in the history of the team.....that's well over 100 years. Hideous, just like the manager that wins 60% of his games.....suckdom running rampant on the northside.

I just want points for my Salty Saltwell reference.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Now if you would've brought up John Holland.......Lou Brock still sends Christmas cards.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
How would everyone rank the starters right now?

I'm thinking

Hamels
Hendricks
Lester
Q
Darvish

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really never liked Theo, but its the fans job to accept what we have for good or bad. The first few years was trust Theo, name your kids after Theo, but this is the same exact lul he had in Boston. He does not choose good free agents, never has, its all been development. When it came time to push for the world series, he gave up three possible all star talents who were his choices. Thats where I always go.

But now, the cubs got a big gift with Cargo, go out and get Kimbrel, and what is the talk before Kimbrel appears in a game (even before a press conference) who are we getting next. The only get we should be looking for is either Gore or Hamilton from KC last day of the deadline. 9th inning run the bases and catch a baseball. But our current flavor of fans want more and more and are willing to shit over players we have now.
giphy.gif