IST: Cubs vs. DBacks

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bryant was discussed on the Cubs site

Well, Bryant's average exit velocity (87.9 mph) is in the same range as 2017 (87.1), but his hard-hit percentage has dropped to 30.2 percent (down from 36.4 percent in '17), per Statcast. I'm referencing the 2017 campaign because the '18 results were influenced by the injury. Bryant is also not hitting fastballs -- his bread and butter. He's hit .250 with a .386 SLG vs. fastballs this year. His SLG vs. fastballs (all types) was .535 in '18, .558 in '17 and .645 in '16.

The part that's worrisome, in my opinion, is the 69.9 percent contact rate on pitches inside the strike zone, per Statcast. That rate was 80.3 percent in 2018 and 82.1 percent in '17. Now, if this is a timing issue -- one that can be corrected with a mechanical tweak -- the production against fastballs should improve, and then the contact rate in the zone would presumably climb with the improved results.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So the stats say that the Ol Tickle Monster will be a better hitter if he makes more contact and more solid contact when he does make contact. You don’t say.
I think he just needs a good old fashioned pajama party and pillow fight to get his mojo back. Joe needs to get back to his roots and line up a lovely team social event for the young man. Calm his inner being and relax. Everything gonna be alright.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So the stats say that the Ol Tickle Monster will be a better hitter if he makes more contact and more solid contact when he does make contact. You don’t say.
I think he just needs a good old fashioned pajama party and pillow fight to get his mojo back. Joe needs to get back to his roots and line up a lovely team social event for the young man. Calm his inner being and relax. Everything gonna be alright.

Stats show that Bryant is at a 94 wRC+ While mired in a slump. Which is 6% below league avg.

The problem is you have been spoiled by his 146 wRC+ standard.