IST: Cubs vs. Dodgers

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs took over third in the Central ahead of the Brewers. I can only assume they should trade their entire team as well

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time to check in on how the Cubs are fairing in their chase of Brewers aka the 27 Yankees.....I mean all we heard in this forum from the Whiner Family members was that they would put the Cubs so far back in the rear view mirror that the season would be over by May. Maddon would be gone. The Brewer bullpen was untouchable. The Cubs pitching sucked. But wait!! Hey look!!! The Cubs have passed them and it's still April.

Shocking development......

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time to check in on how the Cubs are fairing in their chase of Brewers aka the 27 Yankees.....I mean all we heard in this forum from the Whiner Family members was that they would put the Cubs so far back in the rear view mirror that the season would be over by May. Maddon would be gone. The Brewer bullpen was untouchable. The Cubs pitching sucked. But wait!! Hey look!!! The Cubs have passed them and it's still April.

Shocking development......

Just wait until the next 2 game losing streak.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
When do you think the Cubs will trade Contreras?

Amaya is in MB. They have a bit of time.

He has improved this year but Caritini was ripping apart the ball also before his injury.

All I'm going to say on this is the whole back room calling the shots and relayed pitch sequences is working now.

But it really comes down to results. Now positive. Earlier season negative.

Simple as that.

The glaring problem is Wilson plays every day now and it will catch up to him sooner than later.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be opposed to them not picking up Rizzo's opt. Next year. Caritini and Contreras pivioting 1B/C keeps their bats in full time. Also reduces payroll that can be shifted to a better quality pen.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Amaya is in MB. They have a bit of time.

He has improved this year but Caritini was ripping apart the ball also before his injury.

All I'm going to say on this is the whole back room calling the shots and relayed pitch sequences is working now.

But it really comes down to results. Now positive. Earlier season negative.

Simple as that.

The glaring problem is Wilson plays every day now and it will catch up to him sooner than later.

Dude.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be opposed to them not picking up Rizzo's opt. Next year. Caritini and Contreras pivioting 1B/C keeps their bats in full time. Also reduces payroll that can be shifted to a better quality pen.
Lol Rizzo isnt going anywhere

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So not for nothing but since the cubs sent down edwards and IL'd monty on april 6th their bullpen(counting chatwood's start in this btw) has given up 13 ERs in 49 innings(2.54 ERA) with 50 K's(9.18 k/9) 23 walks(4.22 bb/9) and a FIP if my calculation is right of 3.61. Not saying there isn't improvement to be had there but I think the fan base overreacted to a bad week or so early. Even if they get a bit worse than that the bullpen is perfectly decent enough if they get decent starts to go with it. And with the exception of Darvish the other 4 guys have largely looked solid.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol Rizzo isnt going anywhere

He jumps to 14M per and that resource could strengthen the pen.

1B GG is over rated. Comes down to a power position.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Dude what? Last year Wilson was a all star and didn't do shit the 2nd half. And that was correlated to no days off...

Add to it Amaya is a catcher coming up. Not a converted 3B. So yes he was brought up being tought how to frame pitches vs forced into a unknown element.

Amaya is most likely 2+ years out. Contreras will be at the end of his Cubs control then. I doubt they mega him at that point. If it happens it will be way before and then Amaya becomes trade bait.

Nothing new honestly. Teams do this every year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways I think Rizzo has peaked already as a player. Last 3 years have down trended. And again with the slow start.

Eventually you cant wait for Joe to lead him off to get him to hit.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He jumps to 14M per and that resource could strengthen the pen.

1B GG is over rated. Comes down to a power position.
The guy has consistently hit .280 with 30 homers a year with a high OBP. You are acting like he is a glove and has no stick. He is the cornerstone of this team. He isnt going anywhere.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
The guy has consistently hit .280 with 30 homers a year with a high OBP. You are acting like he is a glove and has no stick. He is the cornerstone of this team. He isnt going anywhere.

What's more, Rizzo has a strong tendency to spend the first 4 to 8 weeks of the season hovering arund the Mendoza line. Then, when other players begin to wilt in the midsummer sun, he hits his stride and hits in the range of .330 to .380 for big stretches.

But, hey, no one on the team has done anything to score runs in the past 12 seconds or so -- trade 'em all and get players who can score runs in the offseason and store them up for the next April! ;)

-Doug

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Reason why fans don't make business decisions.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But you should know better S.

wRC+ is down trending

He is going into 2 opts.

Cubs are cap locked and will have to resort the budget next year.

I don't expect Joe back so the old lead him off stick will not be there.

Add to it that is around 10 mil that could be used for stablizing the 7-9. They are losing Morrow, Strop, Kintzler and Cishek.

Priorities are priorities

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

wRC+ is down trending

He is going into 2 opts.

Add to it that is around 10 mil that could be used for stablizing the 7-9. They are losing Morrow, Strop, Kintzler and Cishek.

C'mon man.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

wRC+ is down trending

He is going into 2 opts.

LOL this isnt even worth debating. He will be a Cub for awhile.