IST:Cubs vs. Giants

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a gut busting 9th inning....these are games they used to lose, now they're going in the W column. These kids don't know that they're not supposed to be doing this...you gotta love it.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a huge series win. This will definitely help with our playoff push. I'm very proud of this team.

And to add icing onto the cake, the White Trash got swept!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been trying to hold back my excitement!! A fan since 1960, it's the smart thing. After today!! I think I have seen enough, to say, I've seen PLENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I have been trying to hold back my excitement!! A fan since 1960, it's the smart thing. After today!! I think I have seen enough, to say, I've seen PLENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damnit, can we just all cool it with the optimism? This shit is making me uncomfortable

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
What a huge series win. This will definitely help with our playoff push. I'm very proud of this team.

And to add icing onto the cake, the White Trash got swept!

I'd rather have the Cardinals or Pirates getting swept, as that is a direct hit to both of those teams and we could have gained an enormous amount lately.

The only thing the White Sox can do is kill us when we go to there place.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd rather have the Cardinals or Pirates getting swept, as that is a direct hit to both of those teams and we could have gained an enormous amount lately.

The only thing the White Sox can do is kill us when we go to there place.
It's hard to gain any ground. Cubbies are 9-1 in their last 10 and both Cards and Bucs are 7-3.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's hard to gain any ground. Cubbies are 9-1 in their last 10 and both Cards and Bucs are 7-3.

Really hard. At the moment, the top three teams in the National League all reside in the Central Division.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDLbWs2EZSE

This is my Bones song to the Cubs. I know Schwarber walks out to Thuggish, ruggish, bone. But, this is the greatness.

Ricketts just counting his money!

[video=youtube;UDLbWs2EZSE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDLbWs2EZSE[/video]

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we just nickname Kyle Schwarber "Meat" at this particular juncture?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Well, I thought the chance was over, but, the Cubs next 13 games are in the city of Chicago against teams that are below .500.

However, they will face Shark, Quintana and Sale next weekend, so they have their work cut out for them in that series.

The Cardinals and Pirates square off tomorrow, and the Pirates have a tough stretch of playing not only the birds on the road, but also the Mets in New York before coming home for AZ and a four game series with the Giants.

So, their is still a chance to make up some vital ground before the Cubs head out west.

The good news is Pitt will be playing the Giants and the Mets, so ground can be made up, or distanced. Take your pick, but I would like to do BOTH. :lol:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I agree he ain't changing

You don't load the bases to face the pitcher. The #8 hitter ain't that good. Though the Cubs are trying their best to change that by not having a weak spot sans pitcher in the lineup

Not pitching to the guy is not the same as simply walking him. With the pitcher on deck, he will get jack shit to hit. Especially since he's a rookie and has also been on fire. I wouldn't expect you to understand considering you watch mainly AL ball.