IST: Cubs vs. Marlins

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The only two games of the past twelve in which the Cubs' starting pitching has not been outstanding were the two I attended in St. louis.
I take the blame.

One was a sub, one was a rain delay after Hammel already pitched an inning - not bad.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Only good thing going into Cardinals series is cubs TOR starting all 3
Bats need to pick if up..
Maddon needs to switch up the lineup , maybe keep cogs in 2 hole , bryant 3 Rizzo 4 Soler 5 montero 6 castro 7

I think he should go with conventional lineup with pitcher 9th for rest of 1st half. .

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maddon needs to switch up the lineup , maybe keep cogs in 2 hole , bryant 3 Rizzo 4 Soler 5 montero 6 castro 7

I think he should go with conventional lineup with pitcher 9th for rest of 1st half. .

I agree but it won't happen....he's pretty hard-headed.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

He was hitting Russell #9 vs 8 because he did not him to be pitched around. It was more about his development.

I believe they will go status que. Soler needs to prove that he is worthy of a RBI spot. So Fowler, Rizzo, Bryant, Montero, Castro, Cogs, Soler.

It really has to do with getting your best players (yes I question the Fowler part also) the most AB's.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He was hitting Russell #9 vs 8 because he did not him to be pitched around. It was more about his development.

I believe they will go status que. Soler needs to prove that he is worthy of a RBI spot. So Fowler, Rizzo, Bryant, Montero, Castro, Cogs, Soler.

It really has to do with getting your best players (yes I question the Fowler part also) the most AB's.

I know he will stay status que, maddon seems to be set in his way on this..

I just think they need to split up Russell n Fowler for a few games until at least one gets it going again ..

Cogs an OBP guy, feel that being wasted down in 6/7 hole with noone behind him hitting. ...

Russell development has taken a frying pan to the face..
Not sure if it coincidental with Fowler struggle but he has almost as many hitless games (15) as hits (20) in last 32 games..

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The only two games of the past twelve in which the Cubs' starting pitching has not been outstanding were the two I attended in St. louis.
I take the blame.

One was a sub, one was a rain delay after Hammel already pitched an inning - not bad.

LOL. Stay away from Wrigley the next few days.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

I think the Cubs have that rainout game scheduled in a double header somewhere. Not sure who is going to pitch.

I would guess that they will throw either Wood, come right back with Richard on short rest, or throw a combo out there with Wood-E-Jax.

The Cardinals will be in the same boat however.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs have that rainout game scheduled in a double header somewhere. Not sure who is going to pitch.

I would guess that they will throw either Wood, come right back with Richard on short rest, or throw a combo out there with Wood-E-Jax.

I think that later in year..
Edit.. Just checked, it is july 7th

It could be Jackson and wood, they haven't pitched in a while

Maybe they bring back roach for that game

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That is one strange delivery Capps uses. Seems not only awkward, but also like it adds a significant amount of extra effort for each pitch.
Since he is a one inning reliever, efficiency of movement doesn't apply.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@BleacherNation: Donn Roach, not Dallas Beeler, started today for the Iowa Cubs. Makes you wonder if Beeler's going to be the doubleheader fill-in on Tues.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not exactly. The Cardinals will violate the Jackson-Wood combo. These days....everyone the Cubs face looks like a Cy Young winner.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since he is a one inning reliever, efficiency of movement doesn't apply.

It was pretty damn strange. It looked like he hit himself in the ass with the ball right before he threw a pitch. He's arm or shoulder surgery waiting to happen.....

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Coghlan needs to lead off with Castro in the 2 hole, imho.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not exactly. The Cardinals will violate the Jackson-Wood combo. These days....everyone the Cubs face looks like a Cy Young winner.

In fairness, the opponents could say the same to the Cubs starters. They really have been quite wonderful recently.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are beating who they are suppose to beat. They just can't get over the hump to beat the good teams consistently.