Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If I'm not mistaken that person left his seat after the incident. They had to search their data base to who bought the tickets.

This alone should say that he knew exactly what he was doing and bolted after it.

If you were just playing a game and had no knowledge then why bail out after it

Trying to cover for a supremacist is disgusting.

It's not as hard as people think to find someone in that seat. You're right, they probably searched the database. They can tell who owns those seats (if season tickets), who bought those seats (season tickets or not) and can even check stubhub as well.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what's going to be the cost for a rental closer this season - Schwarber or Russell + mid-level prospect? Happ + high-level prospect?

Yeah, at this point I think it's Russell/Happ/prospect. Cubs still aren't going to move Schwarber.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I'm not mistaken that person left his seat after the incident. They had to search their data base to who bought the tickets.

This alone should say that he knew exactly what he was doing and bolted after it.

No one is covering. If he is, he got what he deserved. The point is that NO ONE except that guy knows. You are jumping toconclusions.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The people here with furrowed brows trying to understand what's wrong with flashing a previously-innocuous symbol that has been adopted by the white supremacy movement behind a black reporter are probably the same type of people who can't understand why flashing "88" with your hands is a bad thing, because "it's just a number."

The highest number I am able to flash with my hands is 55.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yeah, at this point I think it's Russell/Happ/prospect. Cubs still aren't going to move Schwarber.

I don't disagree per se, but at what point does the FO finally acknowledge that Schwarber is what he is and they punt on his "upside"?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't disagree per se, but at what point does the FO finally acknowledge that Schwarber is what he is and they punt on his "upside"?

At this point, probably never.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

And automatically assuming someone is a racist is just as disgusting. There are any number of reasons as to why this guy hasn't come forward, and it certainly could be that the person is the R word. I don't know that and neither do you. I would have video-bombed the camera with my face instead of some hand gesture. YMMV.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, Theo has a man crush on him and Almora. It’s frustrating with him because you can see the upside. It just has to come together

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yea, Theo has a man crush on him and Almora. It’s frustrating with him because you can see the upside. It just has to come together

Schwarber is the Cubs version of Kris Dunn, Brandon Saad, and Rex Grossman. "If only he could pull it together".

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And automatically assuming someone is a racist is just as disgusting. There are any number of reasons as to why this guy hasn't come forward, and it certainly could be that the person is the R word. I don't know that and neither do you. I would have video-bombed the camera with my face instead of some hand gesture. YMMV.

Again trying to find a reason to excuse a behavior is just as bad as commiting it. Maybe you need to check your self on this one.

What your reaction to something speaks volume.

When Obama became President I was like about time. And I'm a white male BTW from the suburbs of NW Illinois and born in Iowa. I didn't start to accept equality until I joined the Navy and had to treat every one by rank. You learn alot about your self there. Now I still have a government job and still work with all races and sexes. They do their job the right way is all I give a damn about.

If this coward decided to toss hate. And run away like the coward that he is so be it.

If the first reaction that you feel is hey he was just playing a game..oh he ran away. Ya he must have been scared. Then the next excuse. Trying to find another reason to find a illusuion to make you accept it more.

Good luck to you my friend.

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Again trying to find a reason to excuse a behavior is just as bad as commiting it. Maybe you need to check your self on this one.

What your reaction to something speaks volume.

When Obama became President I was like about time. And I'm a white male BTW from the suburbs of NW Illinois and born in Iowa. I didn't start to accept equality until I joined the Navy and had to treat every one by rank. You learn alot about your self there. Now I still have a government job and still work with all races and sexes. They do their job the right way is all I give a damn about.

If this coward decided to toss hate. And run away like the coward that he is so be it.

If the first reaction that you feel is hey he was just playing a game..oh he ran away. Ya he must have been scared. Then the next excuse. Trying to find another reason to find a illusuion to make you accept it more.

Good luck to you my friend.
LOL. My immediate family is multi-racial and multi-major world religion. You are being intellectually shallow. You have no answers other “that’s racist”. If you actually bothered to read the link I posted from the ADL you might actually comprehend the issue of automatically assuming this was an act of racism. It may or may not be. I’m not going to let Crane Kennedy tell me what to think, especially since they have a wife beater in their starting lineup. This tickholder has also not been perma-banned. This person has been banned indefinitely. There is a difference. I want facts. Not acts based upon raw feeling.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a weird inning from Darvish.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
momentum swing here....Richards looked like a punching bag in the first....now the only thing he is punching out is the Cubs.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Garbish is suck a fuckwad. And I guess Maddon is gonna leave him in?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He cant throw his fastball. lol

CSF77

Liked Posts:
LOL. My immediate family is multi-racial and multi-major world religion. You are being intellectually shallow. You have no answers other “that’s racist”. If you actually bothered to read the link I posted from the ADL you might actually comprehend the issue of automatically assuming this was an act of racism. It may or may not be. I’m not going to let Crane Kennedy tell me what to think, especially since they have a wife beater in their starting lineup. This tickholder has also not been perma-banned. This person has been banned indefinitely. There is a difference. I want facts. Not acts based upon raw feeling.

You realize there was a coast guard just removed for making the same gesture.

Another point:. It is unclear how the inverted 'OK' gesture became associated with "white power".

The symbol apparently began as an online hoax before it was adopted by far-right sympathisers and even some Trump supporters to goad liberals.

Again this is not a "new and unique situation". It is a current trend of like minded individuals.

The result:

"As a result, after repeated attempts to reach this individual by phone, we sent a letter to the individual notifying him of our findings and our decision that, effective immediately, he will not be permitted on the grounds of Wrigley Field or other ticketed areas indefinitely."

So again he did not sit there and say.. oh that was just a game that I play with my friends. No that was I am behind a black man in front of a camera and I'll flash a trending symbolism of a bigot nature. Then run away and not answer my phone because. Yep I was just playing a game.

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Anyways I'll check on the game later. With Darvish it is better to see the end result vs the process right now.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks