IST:Cubs vs Phils

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Castro pulled from game... was he hugging anyone in dugout

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Anyone know what Medina's body type has been in the past? Always this wide? Dude doesn't pass on the buffet line. Or is it just my wide screen playing tricks on me?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
This is the part of the year I talked about from day 1. The "dog days" of late July and August.

This team isn't ready.

Lazy games against Cincinnati, and an embarrassing series against the worst team in baseball.

This was supposed to be the stretch the cubs gain ground on St. Louis. 14 straight games against teams under .500 and struggling and the Cubs are off to a (safe to say) wonderful 2-5 start for the first half.

Also time to tell Jon Lester his personal Caddy, David Ross is done, and only plays in case of emergency. Flat out embarrassing that against career turd Jerome Williams, Schwarber, your hottest hitter, gets benched for a pampered pitcher. 6.5 ERA and a 1.7 WHIP. And you leave 10 stranded against him alone! Maddon fucked up.

Also, people need to stop reading into Hamels' no-hitter yesterday and making up shit that's not there. You all make my brain hurt.

It was a damn good pitched game. He had it working, his defense behind him had it working, the Cubs did not. Statistically speaking, games like that are bound to happen a few times a year. Outside of a misinterpreted article from February from USA Today with Bob Nightingale; where Hamels acknowledged Philly isn't going to be good, and that he wants to win, and gets it wont happen anytime soon in Philly due to the inevitable rebuild; not once this year has Hamels outright demanded a trade. Everybody misinterpreted that interview, where he explicitly says "no" to demanding a trade.

And now you can bet Ruben Amaro Jr. is going to be a gigantic twat about trading him this next week. An unlikely event unless someone pays up big.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Hopefully the front office doesn't overreact and trade a huge haul to land Hamels or Price. This team is still at least a year from being serious. Very little production out of LF, CF, 2B, SS, and some days C. They have the names, they just aren't producing.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the part of the year I talked about from day 1. The "dog days" of late July and August.

This team isn't ready.

Lazy games against Cincinnati, and an embarrassing series against the worst team in baseball.

This was supposed to be the stretch the cubs gain ground on St. Louis. 14 straight games against teams under .500 and struggling and the Cubs are off to a (safe to say) wonderful 2-5 start for the first half.

Also time to tell Jon Lester his personal Caddy, David Ross is done, and only plays in case of emergency. Flat out embarrassing that against career turd Jerome Williams, Schwarber, your hottest hitter, gets benched for a pampered pitcher. 6.5 ERA and a 1.7 WHIP. And you leave 10 stranded against him alone! Maddon fucked up.

Also, people need to stop reading into Hamels' no-hitter yesterday and making up shit that's not there. You all make my brain hurt.

It was a damn good pitched game. He had it working, his defense behind him had it working, the Cubs did not. Statistically speaking, games like that are bound to happen a few times a year. Outside of a misinterpreted article from February from USA Today with Bob Nightingale; where Hamels acknowledged Philly isn't going to be good, and that he wants to win, and gets it wont happen anytime soon in Philly due to the inevitable rebuild; not once this year has Hamels outright demanded a trade. Everybody misinterpreted that interview, where he explicitly says "no" to demanding a trade.

And now you can bet Ruben Amaro Jr. is going to be a gigantic twat about trading him this next week. An unlikely event unless someone pays up big.

No reason to be angry, though.

Chill.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

This team isn't ready.

As a Reds fan, I gotta say, u need to give Cincy some credit. We own the Cubs, always have.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
As a Reds fan, I gotta say, u need to give Cincy some credit. We own the Cubs, always have.

Sure. Whatever. You and 30 other teams feel the same way. You think you are special? News flash bud....we have sucked for 108 years.

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
WTF with everyone in this lineup slumping at the same time?

and the Pitching is coming apart too!

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
sucks getting you azz wipped by a AAA Team. glad I had to work today

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a joke of a series. Now we're 2.5 out of a playoff spot.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pitching let us down two games. Offense one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk