IST:Cubs vs Phils

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol Rizzo throws the ball away. This team just cant do anything right today.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Either the cubs will trade for a guy who no hits them in last start before being traded

Or

They get double sworded by getting no hit and then lose him to another team who offer was accepted

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was at this game in person, I'd be leaving right about now. Nothing cool about this "history".

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well.. cubs hitters hit rock bottom this year after all
Nothing but up from here. .right

chibears55

Liked Posts:
How frickn weird will this be if cubs and phils pull off trade tonight or tomorrow. .lol

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Castro or Baez

McKinney or Almora

C J edwards

Strop

Vogelbach

They need a blue chip to net Cole. Edwards brings major questions. Soler, Johnson, Vogelbach. That would suffice. Soler has taken his lumps but looks nearest to adjusting to the league right now over the rest. They need a MI but JP Crawford is in Law's top 3 in baseball right now. The need is not as great as it seems. A power hitting RF would hold more value long term.

Now I doubt that they do the trade but Hamels sure did send out a signal to the league right now. I am an ace.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Only two pitchers have been traded in a season in which they threw a no- hitter, and one is Edwin Jackson.
( trying to wrap my head around ejax with a no-no)

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I'd honestly be pissed if the Cubs traded for Hamels in the next couple of days. I just said yesterday taht was the time to pull off the deal, so that he didn't pitch against us today.

Idk what's more embarrassing, getting no-hit or losing 2 straight to the Phillies at home

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im pretty sure this is the first series they won on the road.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Not to mention the price for Hamels would have been cheaper yesterday and they would have had him for an extra start

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not to mention the price for Hamels would have been cheaper yesterday and they would have had him for an extra start

Cole's price just jumped today. Het is going to cost a top prospect plus 2 more quality now. Cubs are better off holding the deck right now. From what was said his fastball went from the low 90's to 94-96. That is why his off speed stuff was so devastating. Change was at 84 went up to 88. So over all he added 4 mph and just baffled the team.

He was on his A game. Must have been pumped up to leave the shit hole.