IST:Cubs vs Phils

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cole's price just jumped today. Het is going to cost a top prospect plus 2 more quality now. Cubs are better off holding the deck right now. From what was said his fastball went from the low 90's to 94-96. That is why his off speed stuff was so devastating. Change was at 84 went up to 88. So over all he added 4 mph and just baffled the team.

He was on his A game. Must have been pumped up to leave the shit hole.
Doubt the phils are looking to get anymore for him then what they originally wanted..which was alot to begin with..

I think all yesterday did was made a couple more teams interested...

His next start is Friday night, which is the 31st. .

I think the phillies wait til that day for final offers...

Only thing the phillies need to watch for is if price, cueto, gallardo, etc. get moved in next couple days..
price for Hamels will go down and their forced to take what offered or hold til off season and see if they can get better deal.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Doubt the phils are looking to get anymore for him then what they originally wanted..which was alot to begin with..

Only thing the phillies need to watch for is if price, cueto, gallardo, etc. get moved in next couple days..
price for Hamels will go down and their forced to take what offered or hold til off season and see if they can get better deal.

You are looking at a prime prospect. IE: Soler, Bryant, Russell, Schwarber. Then 2 more. Too much to ask. The Cubs are better off holding the deck and spending in the off season. They are not going to win the W.S. with Hamels. The main problem has been run generation. That has been due to an inexperienced line up for the most part and vets not holding up their end. I wish I could say it was injury related but that is not the case. The problem is too many under performing.

So in view of this you hold the deck. Next off season will present plenty of long term options that will not cost the needed talent depth to acquire. I would just let 2015 go and chalk it up to a needed part of the learning process for the rookies. Also for the team to get sorted.

Even Jed has said they are looking for depth and more of a vet presence on the bench. I personally think they just need to get Wada and Montero back. Promote Baez and put Schwarber's bat into a reserve role. That will be a bolster to the bench. If Baez out plays Castro then you are looking at Castro pushed to the bench. Competition brings out the best in players. If anything it may jump start Castro into not sucking the season away for the 2nd half. He seem like he always has to prove something then he performs better vs just playing at that level. IMO lazy.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You are looking at a prime prospect. IE: Soler, Bryant, Russell, Schwarber. Then 2 more. Too much to ask. The Cubs are better off holding the deck and spending in the off season. They are not going to win the W.S. with Hamels. The main problem has been run generation. That has been due to an inexperienced line up for the most part and vets not holding up their end. I wish I could say it was injury related but that is not the case. The problem is too many under performing.

So in view of this you hold the deck. Next off season will present plenty of long term options that will not cost the needed talent depth to acquire. I would just let 2015 go and chalk it up to a needed part of the learning process for the rookies. Also for the team to get sorted.

Even Jed has said they are looking for depth and more of a vet presence on the bench. I personally think they just need to get Wada and Montero back. Promote Baez and put Schwarber's bat into a reserve role. That will be a bolster to the bench. If Baez out plays Castro than you are looking at Castro pushed to the bench. Competition brings out the best in players. If anything it may jump start Castro into not sucking the season away for the 2nd half. He seem like he always has to prove something then he performs better vs just playing at that level. IMO lazy.
I agree it gonna take more then what cubs have in system unless castro or one of kids on team is involved. .

On the other thread i mentioned what i think the cubs might end up with or try to...

Bat for bench. .. Reliever. .. a starter under 28 ...

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

I'm starting to think that MacPhail could very well put the brakes on until the offseason. Even money says he stays in Philly past Friday.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to think that MacPhail could very well put the brakes on until the offseason. Even money says he stays in Philly past Friday.
Think they will have a very disgruntled pitcher if they do.
Yesterday performance wasn't by accident. .
He was on a mission from pitch 1 to get as many teams as possible to take notice and make fair offers...
He wants out and wants out now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Think they will have a very disgruntled pitcher if they do.
Yesterday performance wasn't by accident. .
He was on a mission from pitch 1 to get as many teams as possible to take notice and make fair offers...
He wants out and wants out now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Sorry I think that's silly. He pitched an amazing game, I don't think it has anything to do with his team status. The Phillies have to manage their assets in a fiscally and organizationally sound manner. Amaro has been working on dealing him for a year, everybody knows everything. If MacPhail thinks his new GM can gain an edge in the winter they won't give a horse's patoot what Hamels wants. Sure a trade might happen, but I think there's ample reason why it might not.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sorry I think that's silly. He pitched an amazing game, I don't think it has anything to do with his team status. The Phillies have to manage their assets in a fiscally and organizationally sound manner. Amaro has been working on dealing him for a year, everybody knows everything. If MacPhail thinks his new GM can gain an edge in the winter they won't give a horse's patoot what Hamels wants. Sure a trade might happen, but I think there's ample reason why it might not.
@mlbdailydish: Cole Hamels tossed a no-hitter against the Cubs. Offers being made are better than ever: http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2015/7/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter pic.twitter.com/7TVMTHVAph

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Didn't think we would be worrying about getting swept by the Phillies... holy.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Cubs wanted him bad enough, they could get him. No one can offer what we can offer. People know my stance. It doesn't make sense to me to get him. Not at the price the Phillies want.

Oh and Hamels will pitch wherever he is told. He has 144 million reasons to do so.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well this sweep is complete. .3 batters 3 runs.. geesh
Way to take advantage of lesser teams

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL! Bryant misses a homer by a foot

chibears55

Liked Posts:
When the bats are struggling , deep flies get caught at the wall and line drives are turned into DP..
The July version of your 2015 cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I get it now. . They decided as a team to suck this weekend so no one gets traded..

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
The Cubs need to wake da F#@% up and start hitting the ball with authority! They rely on their pitching way to much to win ball games.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Guessing Hammel goes on DL tomorrow cause that hammy hasn't quite healed yet.. wood most likely starts for him

PickSix

Liked Posts:
The Cubs need to wake da F#@% up and start hitting the ball with authority! They rely on their pitching way to much to win ball games.

Amen. They've looked weak and out of gas up at the plate for months.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
This team is getting frustrating to watch. :cubspalm:

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Had our #1-2-3 SP on the mound this weekend at home, and are about to get swept by the worst team in baseball

It was a fun year..

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team loves to play down to their opponents. Series like this can kill a season's playoff hopes.