IST: Cubs vs. Reds

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If he is the best man for the job, fine. If not, fine.

But at no time should a manager ever make a decision on who should be in what role based on their salary.

Past three years of Heyward?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
D7f92QaWwAc4Gjy.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What is this fucking love affair with Daniel Descalso???

The thing that sometimes frustrates me with Joe is that he has too many toys to play with. Daniel Descalso doesn't need to get a certain number of starts. This isn't little league.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The thing that sometimes frustrates me with Joe is that he has too many toys to play with. Daniel Descalso doesn't need to get a certain number of starts. This isn't little league.

I don't get that either. I'm sure he has some deep stats to look at but just off basic stuff both he and Russell hit at roughly the same clip vs Roark with Russell the obvious better glove. Bote, not much in a small sample size. But if you think Descalso is a stretch.....Heyward is 0-22 against Roark.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
4 NL Central teams have positive run differentials, and the 3rd place team has a negative run difference of -55. Go figure.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

He has been shit with no runners on. He has been one of the best on the Cubs with runners on and RISP. He has had multiple big hits for us this year. The guy is going to have the numbers at the end.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

He has been shit with no runners on. He has been one of the best on the Cubs with runners on and RISP. He has had multiple big hits for us this year. The guy is going to have the numbers at the end.

IE pinch hitter.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
4 NL Central teams have positive run differentials, and the 3rd place team has a negative run difference of -55. Go figure.
Yeah the Pythagorean on the Reds is far better than that on the pirates. the Reds will be ahead of them before long

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welp, three soft hits to right. Thats the way to start it

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could have been much worse. Lets get some runs

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is Contreras doing questioning the ump? The ball was right down the middle. It wasnt even close to a ball. You were guessing and got caught.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, I missed the three singles to right in the first, so I don't know if the second baseman should have / could have had any.

But here in the 3rd, a base hit in and out if his glove, and an error on a fucking run down!

Bad D kills!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jim Deshaies quoting Year 1 SNL skits. Love it!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I missed the three singles to right in the first, so I don't know if the second baseman should have / could have had any.

But here in the 3rd, a base hit in and out if his glove, and an error on a fucking run down!

Bad D kills!
None of them were close to second to playable for a second baseman.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, thankfully.....family commitment this afternoon. I can step away from this. If the Cubs come back and win this game, I'll be stunned. Sloppy in the field and at the plate.....just hate to see this type of play at home.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Seems some team has a game plan of hitting to the right side. :)