IST: Cubs vs. Reds

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Not even sure what you're trying to say here. Everything I said was accurate. Cincy has given up the fewest runs in the NL and 3rd fewest in all of baseball. They aren't a bad team. I wasn't suggesting they are going to challenge for the division but to sit here and act like they are Miami or Bailtimore is just wrong. As an example here, their +24 run diff would put them as the #2 team in the NL east behind philly.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not even sure what you're trying to say here. Everything I said was accurate. Cincy has given up the fewest runs in the NL and 3rd fewest in all of baseball. They aren't a bad team. I wasn't suggesting they are going to challenge for the division but to sit here and act like they are Miami or Bailtimore is just wrong. As an example here, their +24 run diff would put them as the #2 team in the NL east behind philly.
Nothing bad Beck..
I should of put words to it..
It was just a response i expected from you with the numbers and all..
Appreciate how you can always make team or someone that appears bad look good with the stats.....
That it, all good

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Nothing bad Beck..
I should of put words to it..
It was just a response i expected from you with the numbers and all..
That it
I mean... ok. People are just going to have to accept the fact that in division in particular the cubs are going to lose some games like this. The central is really brutal. It's the only division with 4 teams having positive run diffs and were Pitt in another division they may be positive too.

All that being said, people shouldn't sleep on Cincy. I like a lot of moves they've made in recent years with the draft and they picked up a fair bit of talent cheaply this offseason with the LA trade and the Gray trade. It's that sort of moves that got the current cubs where they are.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I mean... ok. People are just going to have to accept the fact that in division in particular the cubs are going to lose some games like this. The central is really brutal. It's the only division with 4 teams having positive run diffs and were Pitt in another division they may be positive too.

All that being said, people shouldn't sleep on Cincy. I like a lot of moves they've made in recent years with the draft and they picked up a fair bit of talent cheaply this offseason with the LA trade and the Gray trade. It's that sort of moves that got the current cubs where they are.

I said this in ST and well im sure you know the responses i got...

The division got better and a couple teams that weren't great last year like the Phillies got much better ..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No.. i haven't been on here much the past week or so

The board is dead because of you and the way you moderate it and because of how you and others trash posters on here..

New posters come in, see that crap and move on..

Maybe the ones who annoint Moderators should be made aware of how YOU allowed this forum go to shit and make a change.....

I say Lol to a post and that rattles you..

You got a poster like FatBeard
Going off on posters and you say nothing and actually edge it on or add to it..
That the problem
Triggered

Also, could you provide data to this analysis you keep saying in reported post or are you just crying because you cant stand being called out for your ridiculous predictions? Asking for a friend

Thanks

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cinci is not a bad team. The Cubs are better. My comment was every year. There seems to be a team that has another teams number. So far, Cinci has had ours this year.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I said this in ST and well im sure you know the responses i got...

The division got better and a couple teams that weren't great last year like the Phillies got much better ..
Well I'm sure I commented disagreeing with you. You're not wrong that the division is strong but I think you are drawing the wrong conclusions here. Today not withstanding the cubs are +62 despite playing in a tough division. That's +1.24 runs per game. 2018 they were +0.71. 2017 they were +0.78. 2016 they were +1.57. So thus far they have shown themselves to be clearly better than 2017-18. That was a 92 and 95 win season. 2016 They were about a third of a run better but outside of St. Louis that year the rest of the division was pretty garbage. Pitt was -29, MIL was -62 and Cincy was a horrific -138. That made cincy tied for 3rd worst, mil 8th worst and pit 11th worst.

You're thinking obviously was the competition around the cubs got better so they are going to lose more games. I thought then and I think the data now proves that the cubs also got better mainly because guys who had down years started performing. I think there's an argument to be made that were this team put in the 2016 season it would be as good as the 2016 team or vice versa were the 2016 team put in 2019 it would more or less have similar results. What I think we're going to see is that they wont win 103 games like 2016 but I also think they will win more than the 95 in 2018.

So, I think the take away here is that it's pretty impressive despite the schedule the cubs have played thus far that they are playing this well. The only teams they've played with a sub-500 record are LAA(2 games), Miami(7), Seattle(2), Cincy(6), Washington(3). At that time Seattle was playing well. Washington they faced stras and scherzer. Cincy as mentioned is better than their record indicates. Miami is terrible. LA is just a bit bad but not terrible.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
No.. i haven't been on here much the past week or so

The board is dead because of you and the way you moderate it and because of how you and others trash posters on here..

New posters come in, see that crap and move on..

Maybe the ones who annoint Moderators should be made aware of how YOU allowed this forum go to shit and make a change.....

I say Lol to a post and that rattles you..

You got a poster like FatBeard
Going off on posters and you say nothing and actually edge it on or add to it..
That the problem

I merely quoted your own words back to you.

Look in the mirror.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jim Deshaies quoting Year 1 SNL skits. Love it!
I wasn't watching but that would possibly be the first attempt at humor ever from him. His comment was more than likely done in a very flat monotone voice making it hard to tell he was being funny.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Reds have Q's number. 18 hits and 8 runs in 10 innings over 2 starts. He pushed a gem on Philly in between those starts. so it does have the feel of a bad match up for him.

I'm more concerned with Bryant than anything right now going into Houston. They will have to fight to even get a game against them.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the numbers beck; I have always thought the Reds were better than their record indicates. Long season sucks we gave up a couple W's cause the bullpen went goofy, but it's a long season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Reds could very easily be a threat if Wood returns.