IST: Cubs vs Tigers

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The difference is when Strop screws up, he gives up multiple runs. It's not one run and the game is tied, he blows the lead and gives up the game.
I thought these were your thoughts on how when he screws up and blows leads and how bad his 6 losses are for a reliever. .

I was just pointing out to you or whoever you were speaking on behalf of.. that Strop hasnt really screwed up much this year and when he has there were many good ones in between. .
Um, that's what makes it much more noticeable. Whether you like it or not, he has 6 losses. Those tend to stick out for a relief pitcher, and I'm fairly certain that not many other relievers have that many.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why does it seem like anytime the Cubs miss an opportunity, they immediately give up runs the next inning?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That sucks.. leave the bases loaded with 1 out and then give up a leadoff homer. ..

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Holy fucking shit. I don't have a problem with Strop. I was pointing out why people do. Not that hard to understand guys.
Perhaps you could name who these multitude of posters arevin this thread that have a problem with Strop.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whoa...I think that's about all for our guy, Richard. How did they only get one run out all those rockets flying around?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Perhaps you could name who these multitude of posters arevin this thread that have a problem with Strop.

:obama:

Right, cause I keep a running list of posters and their opinions. Who brought him up in this thread? Wasn't me. All I did was show that when he fucks up, he loses, and that's why people notice it more. A few of them are friends of mine. That's how I know personally. Now I understand that it may difficult for some of you guys to actually see another point of view that you disagree with, but it isn't really that difficult to see why someone would think Strop is inconsistent.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm mad at myself for believing the winning streak...what a rookie move

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Right, cause I keep a running list of posters and their opinions. Who brought him up in this thread? Wasn't me. All I did was show that when he fucks up, he loses, and that's why people notice it more. A few of them are friends of mine. That's how I know personally. Now I understand that it may difficult for some of you guys to actually see another point of view that you disagree with, but it isn't really that difficult to see why someone would think Strop is inconsistent.
Friends? I specifically mentioned posters . No one here cares about your big, fat strawman. There isn't a relief pitcher alive who isn't noticed by the fan base more than when he messes up outside of a handful of closers, Captain Obvious.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell having a shitty game. Cant get a DP there. Killed the inning.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well fellas, if you haven't noticed. We have a game. 2 runs that inning on Castro double and Coughlan triple. We are in this game

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It was me....I compared his inconsistency to Marmol as they both walked guys at the most inopportune times. But these guys beat it to death.

Sorry, my mistake. Strop is the best thing to come along since Eckersly. HOF material for sure!!!

There....everyone happy?

Can we move on now?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its hard to listen to Sutcliffe. He really is dumb.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Motte throws the most belt high fastballs I have ever seen.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't understand why Bryant stayed charging instead of covering 3rd. That wasn't that good of a bunt. Motte had no option but to go to 1B.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Friends? I specifically mentioned posters . No one here cares about your big, fat strawman.

LOL, I know for some of you, real actual friends may not matter as much as your message board buddies and your fake persona, but yes, people actually talk baseball outside of forums.

There isn't a relief pitcher alive who isn't noticed by the fan base more than when he messes up outside of a handful of closers, Captain Obvious.

Then why the fuck are you arguing about it?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You think someone would teach him a breaking ball of some sort.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Lol.. have you looked at his stat page ?

I don't see where he "fucks up" all the time and loses to be noticed for that and to be inconsistent. ..

I showed you that the guy has been flawless in 51 of his 58 appearances. .

Last night was his first bad outing in his last 15 appearances. .

There is no inconsistencies and constant fuck ups with Strop season thus far. . He been great..

So, like i said..you showed nothing but how much you dont know about Strop season. .. no one but you so far think Strop is inconsistent. .

The other poster was comparing him to bad Marmol, i showed how far off that was in comparison. .
He didn't respond back...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol.. have you looked at his stat page ?

I don't see where he "fucks up" all the time and loses to be noticed for that and to be inconsistent. ..

I showed you that the guy has been flawless in 51 of his 58 appearances. .

Last night was his first bad outing in his last 15 appearances. .

There is no inconsistencies and constant fuck ups with Strop season thus far. . He been great..

So, like i said..you showed nothing but how much you dont know about Strop season. .. no one but you so far think Strop is inconsistent. .

The other poster was comparing him to bad Marmol, i showed how far off that was in comparison. .
He didn't respond back...

Goddammit. Cool, whatever buddy. Glad you enjoyed your Strop fest.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Damn.. can we just turn the page on Detroit already and move on to Atlanta