IST: Detroit vs Chicago

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Willson getting hot would be huge with Rizz and KB providing nada.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Um, he has sucked the last month. Look at the stats.
Then why bring him into the on deck circle at all if he was going to use Rizzo anyway. Maddon demotivated LaStella for no reason

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Then why bring him into the on deck circle at all if he was going to use Rizzo anyway. Maddon demotivated LaStella for no reason
Rizzo was probably on the shitter so LaStella took his spot in the on deck circle...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Makes you wonder why anyone throws him anything straight...

He hits breaking balls very well also. He also is laying off the bad pitches more this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I feel like your wife has done this to you

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He hits breaking balls very well also. He also is laying off the bad pitches more this year.

He has done better this year..
Every now and then he just goes into a funk and just goes up there and swings as hard as he can

He hitting the breaking balls that stays over the plate ..
A pitcher that can throw sliders or break those curves off the plate he cant touch..

The first 2 pitches pretty much tells you the kind of AB he gonna have..
Key for him is recognizing and laying off the sliders early, he chases those then there no reason for a pitcher to throw him a fastball or anything over the plate..

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Rizzo was probably on the shitter so LaStella took his spot in the on deck circle...

When I read your posts, I sometimes think you have brain damage

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Stupid substitution by Maddon. Has Lastella in on deck circle for Quintanna. Then he pulls him for Rizzo. Lastella is the better hitter and Maddon surely has given the kid a negative vote with this stupid move

What is LaStella, a 5th grade girl? You're acting like one.

Get a grip. If LaStella gets "demotivated" by not being selected ahead of Rizzo, something is wrong.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What is LaStella, a 5th grade girl? You're acting like one.

Get a grip. If LaStella gets "demotivated" by not being selected ahead of Rizzo, something is wrong.
I would expect that answer from somone with limited life experience. It's not a matter of "being selected ahead of Rizzo", it's a case of being selected, then replaced when no circumstances have changed. Everyone on the team understands what that meant and millions on tv. As someone that has never led men you wouldn't understand the concept.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would expect that answer from somone with limited life experience. It's not a matter of "being selected ahead of Rizzo", it's a case of being selected, then replaced when no circumstances have changed. Everyone on the team understands what that meant and millions on tv. As someone that has never led men you wouldn't understand the concept.

I’m about to ban ya for 24 hours. Why? ‘Merica!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Pretty much why i said in ST when i chose Caratini as the backup ...

He a SH who will give them a decent bat and can also give them more flexibility defensively play C IB 3B and LF if needed

its all hindsight since Darvish never got going here. Giminez could have been the difference, to me, starting the season out of spring training was the time to play the Giminez card.

But hell, I still wont mind seeing Schwarber catching, wonder how he would do since he is in so much better shape now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dat slide! Its trickery. You are going to go for the first body part you see and he just baits them. It happens so fast it will be hard for someone to know its coming.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

What “men” cry when a different player is called upon?

What do you know about anyone’s life experiences?

Save your fake “leader” act. Nobody is buying it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
its all hindsight since Darvish never got going here. Giminez could have been the difference, to me, starting the season out of spring training was the time to play the Giminez card.

But hell, I still wont mind seeing Schwarber catching, wonder how he would do since he is in so much better shape now.

It would make sense to get him a game or 2 back there for just in case. He is 3rd string and you never know

czman

Liked Posts:
So are the Cubs world series bound now that they won 6 straight? I get confused which way the wind is blowing.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So are the Cubs world series bound now that they won 6 straight? I get confused which way the wind is blowing.

Every game is a must win game don’t ya know

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Beating up the ALC is serious business

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Hey, one good reason why the 2016 Cubs got off to such a hot start, and the 2017 Cubs didn't, was the fact that in 2016 we were playing the ALW. A lot. Early. Like, we have a nice long series with the Angels right off the bat.

Then we had 2017, when we had a first half playing against the ALE -- the Yankees and the Red Sox, who were playing really, really good. I think the ALE team we had the least number of games with last year was Tampa Bay, and even then we floundered a bit against them.

Where you stand overall can have a lot to do with the strength of the opposite league division you end up playing in any given year. They don't all even out, like the statisticians would like you to believe...