IST: Dodgers vs Cubs

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Happ and Russell sit today.

I was surprised Russell got both games yesterday. Three full games in around 28 hours. Players were at the park 15 hours yesterday. Lets see if the cubs can keep the leadoff the inning dodger off base today.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cubs are 0-18 vs Stripling. Be prepared for another shutout.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Morrow to the DL retroactive to Sunday.

unbelievable, hurt his back putting on his pants. I hope he was running to get dressed because the wife got home early.

Hancock will stay on the team taking his spot after being the 26th man yesterday.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
I did not think that Lester went around on that wild pitch. Too bad that's not reviewable, being reviewed by the corner ump automatically.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Almora should have had that ball, but misjudged the wall. Weak. Looks like Cubs still need a CF

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Good thing Rizzo wasn’t on first for the HR.

Nice AB there, Wilson. Really stepping it up this year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
lots of replays all over social media on Heywards throw, nobody remembers Schwarbers throw that kept that runner on third base.

Teams are more afraid to run on Schwarber than Heyward now?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
lots of replays all over social media on Heywards throw, nobody remembers Schwarbers throw that kept that runner on third base.

Teams are more afraid to run on Schwarber than Heyward now?

Doubtful but Heywards throw was harder. That's not to say Schwarber's was bad by any means but if Heyward didn't have basically pin point placement on that throw the run scores.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Now that we're into our bullpen, looking at the eight relievers we are currently carrying, it strikes me that five of them have spent most of this season in Iowa. Only three of them have been with the big league club since opening day.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Now that we're into our bullpen, looking at the eight relievers we are currently carrying, it strikes me that five of them have spent most of this season in Iowa. Only three of them have been with the big league club since opening day.

Lester is still in.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Lester is still in.

Yeah -- surprised the hell out of me, he had thrown 105 pitches through 6 innings. I don't believe I've seen him come out to pitch the 7th with this kind of pitch count since 2015.

Maybe Joe's also aware of the state of the bullpen, and the fact that he's going to need to get a start from somewhere in a couple of days because of the rain-out and double header. Not gonna get a bullpen day from the 1st onwards if the bullpen is out of gas by then.

I'm thinking we may see a start by Tseng, maybe at the end of the Reds series.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This Bass....doesn't look like he's anything special but he throws strikes. Sometimes that's all you need to do. Chatwood should be taking notes....

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Yeah -- surprised the hell out of me, he had thrown 105 pitches through 6 innings. I don't believe I've seen him come out to pitch the 7th with this kind of pitch count since 2015.

Maybe Joe's also aware of the state of the bullpen, and the fact that he's going to need to get a start from somewhere in a couple of days because of the rain-out and double header. Not gonna get a bullpen day from the 1st onwards if the bullpen is out of gas by then.

I'm thinking we may see a start by Tseng, maybe at the end of the Reds series.
Nolan Ryan once threw 240 pitches in a 13 run game on a 4 day rotation. Now we are amazed when a pitcher hits the 7th inning at 106 pitches. LOLOLOLOLOLO. Pussies

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Nolan Ryan once threw 240 pitches in a 13 run game on a 4 day rotation. Now we are amazed when a pitcher hits the 7th inning at 106 pitches. LOLOLOLOLOLO. Pussies

Yeah but look how Ryan's career was cut short by the over use.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs added these 5 guys over the off season for depth purposes via FA trade and Waiver claim..

Bass 6 G 1.29

Rosario 12 G 0.60 ERA

Hancock 8 G 1.64

Farrell 12 G 3.63 ERA

Mazzoni 7 G 1.17

Not to shabby

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Big game out of Lester saving the pen

Bats scratched out 4 runs

Nice series win against a hot team

Now go feast on the reds and pick up some games on the Brewers and or Cardinals over the weekend as they play each other

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk