IST: Giants vs Cubs

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Runs stats means nothing for this team ...

Sorry but that's not how baseball works. In a small sample sure that can occur but the entire reason people in stats look at run diff is because over time it evens out with record. If you're winning "win" games by 6-7 runs and losing "loss" games by 1 eventually the wins will shrink and the losses will go up.

They played an easy schedule the first half so far and still sit around .500, 10-12 in May..

Not really. And even if it were true, fangraphs has their remaining SOS at .487 which is the third easiest in all of baseball behind cleveland(.475) and Wash(.485)

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The espn sunday night team is difficult to listen to.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Did Rizzo call that..

Off the pitcher off the umpire into short RF...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good news everybody, Ty Blach cant field his position either.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Man Heyward can't catch a break. Lines one into the gap which would score a bunch and LF just gets to it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sorry but that's not how baseball works. In a small sample sure that can occur but the entire reason people in stats look at run diff is because over time it evens out with record. If you're winning "win" games by 6-7 runs and losing "loss" games by 1 eventually the wins will shrink and the losses will go up.

Not really. And even if it were true, fangraphs has their remaining SOS at .487 which is the third easiest in all of baseball behind cleveland(.475) and Wash(.485)
Been all year beck with the inconsistency of runs scored..
48 games is not a small sample size

I was talking about the teams they played already..

Marlins Sox Reds Giants Indians all
.500 or below

Pirates Cardinals Rockies just over

Braves Brewers are only 2 really good teams record wise they played and luckily they own the Brewers so far otherwise their 5 game deficit would be worse

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Chatwood garbage....

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Walking the pitcher is unacceptable.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Chatwood is a disaster.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Been all year beck with the inconsistency of runs scored..
48 games is not a small sample size

I was talking about the teams they played already..

Marlins Sox Reds Giants Indians all
.500 or below

Pirates Cardinals Rockies just over

Braves Brewers are only 2 really good teams record wise they played and luckily they own the Brewers so far otherwise their 5 game deficit would be worse

48 games is a small sample. It's the reason teams don't play 50 game seasons. Cleveland is a better team than you're giving them credit for. Their record might not indicate it but they are a team that legitimately can make an ALCS/WS. Miami, the Sox, and cincy are the only horrible teams they've played. SF i'd put between bad and middling. They have talent but clearly aren't playing well. COL, PIT, STL, ATL and MIL are all above .500 teams.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I would love to be a fly on the wall in that room. Goes without saying but Epstein and company can't be too happy with Chatwood.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Huge escape. Chatwood to much like good ole Carlos Marmol.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
48 games is a small sample. It's the reason teams don't play 50 game seasons. Cleveland is a better team than you're giving them credit for. Their record might not indicate it but they are a team that legitimately can make an ALCS/WS. Miami, the Sox, and cincy are the only horrible teams they've played. SF i'd put between bad and middling. They have talent but clearly aren't playing well. COL, PIT, STL, ATL and MIL are all above .500 teams.
I was only talking about their first 48 games..lol

Whether they become more consistant or not we dont know until they play more games..

Again we cant just assume they will

At game 25 in sure you thought they'd be better by game 50 and their not..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Funny ..
As wild as Chatwood is tonight it looks like it helping him because the Giants look like their taking some late swings at pitches that are strikes

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I was only talking about their first 48 games..lol

Whether they become more consistant or not we dont know until they play more games..

Again we cant just assume they will

At game 25 in sure you thought they'd be better by game 50 and their not..

I don't look at 25 50 or however many game marks and project forward. I look at if they are playing well or poorly statistically in those games. The rest will work itself out over time. If you're scoring more runs than you're giving up no matter how it happens that will eventually work itself out. Having a team that dominates in some games then loses most 1 run games isn't a sustainable thing. Like I said, if you're a team that can put up a 10 spot on a team you're not going to continue to have these games where they go out there and put out donuts.

Like I said, I get the frustration but we've been through this so many times one would think by now you'd just fide the wave rather than getting so annoyed. IMO when Rizzo starts hitting consistently a lot of the issues you're annoyed with go away.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Walkwood is in the house

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He pitching to Blach like he a damn
.300 hitter with 30 HRs

Walks him twice

WTF

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't look at 25 50 or however many game marks and project forward. I look at if they are playing well or poorly statistically in those games. The rest will work itself out over time. If you're scoring more runs than you're giving up no matter how it happens that will eventually work itself out. Having a team that dominates in some games then loses most 1 run games isn't a sustainable thing. Like I said, if you're a team that can put up a 10 spot on a team you're not going to continue to have these games where they go out there and put out donuts.

Like I said, I get the frustration but we've been through this so many times one would think by now you'd just fide the wave rather than getting so annoyed. IMO when Rizzo starts hitting consistently a lot of the issues you're annoyed with go away.
They need more then Rizzo to get going consistently..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Back to back starts for Chatwood getting pulled in the 3rd ...