IST: Phillies vs Cubs

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Good for Jason, I honestly thought, well. maybe if Joe would have let him face a few more lefties this year, he would have been better prepared for this matchup.

Then he gets a day off so Happ can play.

The best part of watching the home run trot, was the pure joy you see from Javy, Albert and Willson, being the first to greet him at home plate.

Worst part, he warned Kelly that there were two gatorade coolers coming at them.

First Walk off victory for the cubs this year is pretty sad.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol I'll take that

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Catch a break with first 2 hitters reaching base then get nothing from the 3 4 5 hitters...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Petition to give Chatwood the nickname "roller coaster"

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Petition to give Chatwood the nickname "roller coaster"

Well when Darvish returns this will end up being a tough choice in Chatwood vs Montgomery. I could see it going either way but if Chatwood is hitting 100 pitches in the 5th every game I can’t see them letting this continue.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Jesus.

I mean, if you’re gonna walk the pitcher you might as well make him curl up into fetal position.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Chatwood has the closest thing to a consistent release point I've seen all year. The strikes are all coming form the same arm slot. The problem is that when he can't find the release point it's impossible to know where the ball is going. He's a frustrating case, filthy stuff, awful command.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
7 walks and up
How does this guy continue to get the ball every 5th start

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
7 walks and up
How does this guy continue to get the ball every 5th start

Somehow he keeps them in games. I see the potential but eventually he's got to execute. At this point in the season you keep giving him the ball, but by July decisions have to be made.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Well when Darvish returns this will end up being a tough choice in Chatwood vs Montgomery. I could see it going either way but if Chatwood is hitting 100 pitches in the 5th every game I can’t see them letting this continue.

I don't think it is tough choice. Montgomery has had his issues as well but you have to go with him when Darvish returns. Chatwood should be relegated to long relief/mop up duty. The guy is a train wreck right now.