IST: Phillies vs Cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I could see upgrading the bullpen...

Other then that if they do make a noticeable trade itll be a major one like for Machado...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I could see upgrading the bullpen...

Other then that if they do make a noticeable trade itll be a major one like for Machado...

Not sure I see upgrading the bullpen making sense. Like I said, I think Smyly is effectively going to be the typical LH reliever they add in july. He's better than anything out there. Add in Rosario and Hancock who've both been really good vs lefties and I think they are fine there. I can maybe see the idea of adding a power RH arm but is it really needed? Morrow has been fantastic. Cishek is among the best in the majors vs RH batters. Strop is in the to 75 percentile too. You then have Edwards who when he's on is one of the best relievers in baseball.

Really the only way a reliever trade makes sense to me is if you have a team like Miami giving away someone like Barraclough for pennies on the dollar. I can't see them paying full price for anyone.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cishek may get worn out by August the way Maddon been using him every other day...

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cishek may get worn out by August the way Maddon been using him every other day...

He's only thrown 27.2 innings. Wilson is at 25.2. Strop is at 25.1. Monty is at 25.1. Edwards is at 25.0 . Morrow who they've clearly been very protective about has thrown 21.2. There are 57 relievers in the majors who've thrown more innings than him including Josh Hader who's been the best reliever in baseball and Edwin Diaz, Blake Treinen, Adam Ottavino, Adam Cimber, Jeurys Familia, Joe Jimenez, Chad Green, Tony Watson, Craig Stammen, Jeremy Jeffress, Mychal Givens, Juan Nicasio and David Robertson who are all top 20 in fWAR.

It only seems like Maddon is over using him. Cubs build in protection for their pen by running 8 relievers.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Caratini is only down because the cubs would have had to release Jiminez if he was not brought up to the team. So they finally figure to see if he can be around to fix Darvish, and darvish has not pitched since he came up. Now that Chatwood and Contrares have had words, he wont catch Darvish unless they split him and Chatwood apart or do what they should and bench Chatwood.

What is the point of needing to trade for a backup catcher with Caratini in the system? You are basically proving my point that the cub fans are the ones demanding trades when there are options in the system just to get a better name, whether or not if its a better option.

You really might want to at least spell the names of the people you're referring to correctly. They're Cub players and their names are on their jerseys....pretty sure they're spelled correctly there, too.