IST: Seattle Mariners (61-64) @ Chicago White Sox (68-55)

How many wins do the White Sox get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Discuss

Vargas v. Peavy
Beavan v. Quintana
Millwood v. Floyd

Well we don't run into King Felix-thank god-but we still do face a very good Jason Vargas- however the rest is their lower half of the rotation. This is a very sweepable series IMO, but I'll play it safe and say we lose 1 but can't really say which one it will be, because we havent seen Beavan a lot so we could make him look like Cy Young, or if we do get to Beavan, Gavin could suck. I actually think we can beat Vargas because on the beat the streak game I play, a lot of the Sox hitters have a solid history against him. This is will be the last series the Sox play in Chicago before I leave for school, so I ponied up and am going to the game on Sunday.

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
I can see the Sox winning 2 of 3 here. A sweep would be great though. However though, I hope the Sox aren't taking the Mariners lightly. Seattle is coming into town with an 8 game winning streak. Then again, I remember the Mariners ending a 9 game winning streak the Sox had earlier in the year. So payback by ending their nice winning streak I think is in order. I'm actually thankful the Sox are not facing Felix Hernandez in this series.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see the Sox winning 2 of 3 here. A sweep would be great though. However though, I hope the Sox aren't taking the Mariners lightly. Seattle is coming into town with an 8 game winning streak. Then again, I remember the Mariners ending a 9 game winning streak the Sox had earlier in the year. So payback by ending their nice winning streak I think is in order. I'm actually thankful the Sox are not facing Felix Hernandez in this series.

Are you telling me that at one point you wanted him :lol: But in all seriousness this is a very sweepable series, and I posed this question on my Facebook, "the Mariners are technically a bad team... but they have won eight straight... so do we go Royals on them and get swept by a 'bad team' or do we go Yankees on them and sweep a 'good team?'"

Guess we'll see

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
Seeing the Sox are in a tight division race, hopefully the team that swept the Yankees shows up. Getting Peavy some run support on friday would be nice too.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
The Sox could sweep this series with Peavy going up against Vargas and Quintana pitching against Beavan, who isn't very good. However we'll have to see which Gavin Floyd shows up to pitch Sunday afternoon.

The Mariners are also on an 8 game win streak and have won 9 out of their last 10. The Sox just got done sweeping the Yankees at home for the first time since 1991. A lot of momentum for both teams going into this series. Should be a good one.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Sox could sweep this series with Peavy going up against Vargas and Quintana pitching against Beavan, who isn't very good. However we'll have to see which Gavin Floyd shows up to pitch Sunday afternoon.

The Mariners are also on an 8 game win streak and have won 9 out of their last 10. The Sox just got done sweeping the Yankees at home for the first time since 1991. A lot of momentum for both teams going into this series. Should be a good one.
Agreed. Something's gotta give. Our toughest game will definitely be the Millwood game.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 out of 3 for me.

Seattle is hot and after KC, I don't think any team should be taken lightly.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 out of 3 for me.

Seattle is hot and after KC, I don't think any team should be taken lightly.

Especially when the team coming in has won 8 straight games and we are only two up on Detroit :lol:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Sox usually own Seattle, Sox take 2.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
dunn is on fire, where is everyone, i know the bears are on but its fucking preseason

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Adam Dunn in beast mode. Solid night for Dunn. Solid night for ARam. Peavy just needs to hold it here to continue to lead the Come Back Player of the Year in the AL

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
AJ comes through again, gotta keep pouring it on these guys, that 2 run angel lead isnt safe the way the tigers have been playing

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hate Curt Hennig.... I mean Phillip Humber.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Damn! Dude just blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.