IST: Twins @ Cubs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nice work shortening up that stroke to make contact. :)

I shouldn't get too down on Contreras - his aggressive base running on his triple is now the difference in the game.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Whew....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
We still suck. We not elite. 3 nlcs and a World Series later. We suck. Top 5 in almost all categories. Fuck us. I’m starting to follow the white sox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy Cowboy. It was three at home against the Twins. Not time to go rub one off.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Fun series to watch. Glad they came away with the sweep.

.5 out. Keep it going.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elite? Please.

So, we haven’t been to the past 3 nlcs and won a World Series and aren’t top 5 in almost every category across the majors. Good talk. Want to tell me about the 85 bears?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
What? Love my Cubs. Excellent series. Playing well yes.
So you consider the Brew super elite since we are still chasing them? You are the one seemingly living in past. This team still has issues. Deal with the peeps smart enough to see those issues.
Good team...yes. Enjoyed this weekend.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
That game yesterday was UNBELIEVABLE. Wow.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
From Joe's interview I took it as I really didn't want to go 4 outs with Morrow and Maples needed to do better than that. And I can't wait for Edwards to return.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it, but Maples has Chatwood kind of stuff. So much movement its next to impossible to get calls at the plate or give your catcher any shot of framing, so when Lester spends the first 5 not getting the bottom or the edges of the zone, there is no chance Maples can.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
What? Love my Cubs. Excellent series. Playing well yes.
So you consider the Brew super elite since we are still chasing them? You are the one seemingly living in past. This team still has issues. Deal with the peeps smart enough to see those issues.
Good team...yes. Enjoyed this weekend.

By Pythagorean record the Cubs should have 51 wins, the Brewers should have 46. I would call both teams elite. So going by talent and how they're playing the Cubs should have the best record in the NL and as it is are only a game behind Atlanta in actual totals. They literally have no holes in the lineup and a healthy Bryant will improve that. The starting pitching needs to be better either by trade or internally if/when Darvish comes back but they're in better shape that say the Nationals another of the leagues elite teams. The Cubs are likely to win 92 wins with their eyes closed. I'd call that elite.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
By Pythagorean record the Cubs should have 51 wins, the Brewers should have 46. I would call both teams elite. So going by talent and how they're playing the Cubs should have the best record in the NL and as it is are only a game behind Atlanta in actual totals. They literally have no holes in the lineup and a healthy Bryant will improve that. The starting pitching needs to be better either by trade or internally if/when Darvish comes back but they're in better shape that say the Nationals another of the leagues elite teams. The Cubs are likely to win 92 wins with their eyes closed. I'd call that elite.
Dont get nuts, this is the same team that got rolled by the Reds and Brewers. They are an above average team that is on a very short hot streak. They dont match the elite teams like the Astros, Yankees and Red Sox

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Dont get nuts, this is the same team that got rolled by the Reds and Brewers. They are an above average team that is on a very short hot streak. They dont match the elite teams like the Astros, Yankees and Red Sox

The only time you'd have to play them would be in the WS where it's anyone's game. I wouldn't love those matchups but you just have to get there. I think the Cubs are the best team in the NL.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

It's too bad all those teams are in their league.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it, but Maples has Chatwood kind of stuff. So much movement its next to impossible to get calls at the plate or give your catcher any shot of framing, so when Lester spends the first 5 not getting the bottom or the edges of the zone, there is no chance Maples can.

I’m pretty sure that the weather was screwing up his grip. 2B was on a fastball and the HR on a hanger that didn’t break

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It's too bad all those teams are in their league.
Pay attention. I compared the Cubs to elite teams. Never said anything about league. So quick to troll that you didnt comprehend

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Pay attention. I compared the Cubs to elite teams. Never said anything about league. So quick to troll that you didnt comprehend

Tend to agree here. AL is far stronger right now.