IST: Twins @ Cubs

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Tend to agree here. AL is far stronger right now.

I totally disagree. The bottom 7 AL teams are a combined -563. The bottom 7 NL teams are -320. The top 8 NL teams are +365 where as the AL are +518. That makes the AL teams -45 run diff overall and NL +45. If you want to argue that the top of the AL is better than the top of the NL I suppose there's room for debate but they also have most of the worst teams in baseball propping up those teams. The worst team in the NL is MIA with 34 wins. The AL has the sox royals and O's at 29, 25, and 24. As an example here, the Reds are a pretty crappy team but they are 12 wins up on the O's. So, it's frankly no wonder teams like the Red Sox and Yankees are killing it.

Way I see things, The red sox and Yankees are basically equivalent to the cubs. The astros are the only team on another level. And in the NL I think you can make a case for Atlanta being on a similar level to the cubs. MIL is wins wise but their run diff shows them to be a little lucky. But to show you the difference here, Seattle is 54-31 with a +22 run diff. Washington is 42-40 with a +32 run diff. That's a 10.5 game difference for a team that is arguably better.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I totally disagree. The bottom 7 AL teams are a combined -563. The bottom 7 NL teams are -320. The top 8 NL teams are +365 where as the AL are +518. That makes the AL teams -45 run diff overall and NL +45. If you want to argue that the top of the AL is better than the top of the NL I suppose there's room for debate but they also have most of the worst teams in baseball propping up those teams. The worst team in the NL is MIA with 34 wins. The AL has the sox royals and O's at 29, 25, and 24. As an example here, the Reds are a pretty crappy team but they are 12 wins up on the O's. So, it's frankly no wonder teams like the Red Sox and Yankees are killing it.

Way I see things, The red sox and Yankees are basically equivalent to the cubs. The astros are the only team on another level. And in the NL I think you can make a case for Atlanta being on a similar level to the cubs. MIL is wins wise but their run diff shows them to be a little lucky. But to show you the difference here, Seattle is 54-31 with a +22 run diff. Washington is 42-40 with a +32 run diff. That's a 10.5 game difference for a team that is arguably better.
Without looking

Possible that the top AL teams are just more dominant and just beating the crap out of the bottom feeders..

Where

The top NL teams have lost their share to the bottom feeders

As to why the bottom feeders in NL record are better then the AL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Until Hendricks and Q get on track what you said means nothing. You can't expect sustainability with Lester, Montgomery then train wreck. The O can't save them every game.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Without looking

Possible that the top AL teams are just more dominant and just beating the crap out of the bottom feeders..

Where

More like: Astros blue print. Tank #1 pick for a few years then best team in league. AL teams are just doing a better job at sucking right.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Without looking

Where

If the top NL teams are losing to the worst NL teams that means the bottom tier NL teams are better. Dominance has nothing to do with it. Like I said you want to talk about Houston being dominant then sure think that's a fair point and they are likely the best team in baseball regardless. But Boston and NY get 19 games each vs Baltimore plus like 6-7 vs the sox and royals. They aren't so dominant that they are killing the O's. The O's are just a bad team.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
More like: Astros blue print. Tank #1 pick for a few years then best team in league. AL teams are just doing a better job at sucking right.
No matter..
Astros Yankees Redsox Mariners Indians vs the NL top 5..

Think you have to go with the AL teams

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If the top NL teams are losing to the worst NL teams that means the bottom tier NL teams are better.

Im not arguing with you on this..

Just think you can look at it the other way too when youre comparing both league..

You can say that the top NL teams just aren't that good...
Lol

Brewers Cubs Dodgers Nationals Dbacks...
As of right now, do they really scare you as much as the Astros Yankees Redsox Mariners Indians

Anyways it makes a good debate

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Im not arguing with you on this..

Just think you can look at it the other way too when youre comparing both league..

You can say that the top NL teams just aren't that good...
Lol

Brewers Cubs Dodgers Nationals Dbacks...
As of right now, do they really scare you as much as the Astros Yankees Redsox Mariners Indians

Anyways it makes a good debate

I don't think, truly, that any team in the AL top five is guaranteed to beat any team in the NL top five over a seven-game series. In other words, regardless of any level of excelling in one category or another, none of these teams are, say, the '27 Yankees as compared to the rest of the league being the baseball equivalent of the Washington Generals... ;)